See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

BEWARE DO NOT STAY at that Rip Off Coastal Breeze Inn in Morro Bay! Those people are Low life Slum Lords ripping American people off! We were treated like we were third world ugly horrible. I am an American Hispanic & my husband is Caucasian. We had booked online then they increased the price $40.00 for the same 2 Queen bed room after we arrived to check in for 2 Adults 1 kid. She said it was to add our 12 yr old kid even after I showed her my cell phone copy I took. It said 2 Adults & 1 kid. Then they convinced me to Call & Cancel my Reservation because it was through Booking.com online. She said they "only Make 30% of the hotel total" and to rent the hotel through them directly and Not through a third party agency and Not to Tell them when I cancel. We were desperate & just needed a place so I did what the Coastal Breeze people told me. She quoted me $220.00 for the same room if I cancel Booking.com then when I Attempted to get my room again within minutes, they jacked up the price $45 plus tax. They are scamming innocent people.
The Coastal Breeze Inn place is a Slum Hotel. It is nothing what the name says. It is run down, covered in bird feces. No air conditioner, No fans. No Ice. Coffee is what they call a breakfast. There is a Rust Old Ice Machine outside to buy your own ice. It states breakfast but it's only coffee probably from that Rust machine outside. I am not a racist but these people are scamming & taking advantage. I'm not 100% sure what their nationality but they are not American. I could not hold my tongue any longer so I told that man they ought to be ashamed of themselves. Those people are scam artists. My son & I left. I rather sleep in my car than contribute & give in to these selfish greedy Indian slum lords!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda J
coastalmorrobayca, Hotel Manager at Coastal Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and staying at the Coastal Breeze Inn Morrow Bay.
We appreciate your feedback. Please allow me to offer our apologies for the inconveniences that impacted your stay.
The reservation related or any other issue is purely unintentional.
Your observations has been taken up by a team for verification and necessary actions.
It is our endeavor to offer a fantastic experience to all our guests, but regret that this was not case with your stay.
If you would like to get away in near future, I shall personally assist you to ensure that you get a fine stay as I don't want your last impression of this hotel to be a negative one.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Owned by ultra cheap East Indian family. Looks nice from outside, ratty, old, no a/c or heat, no ventilation. Rooms musty and old. Advertise breakfast then lie to your face when you check in and say they don't advertise it or have it. It is on their website under dining. Charged my card twice for room, credit was issued. Graduation weekend so their rates were more than double. $50 a night type motel you would find by a truck stop.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Coastal Breeze Inn during your last visit to our area.
We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.
At the outset, our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.
We are also acting on the cleanliness issue. We shall take whatever steps necessary to avoid such unpleasant incidence.
Special training and instructions has been given to the hotel staff to check all the rooms prior to checking in a new guest.
We assure you and request you to consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Called to book a room, the person who answered the phone was ridiculously rude. I apologized for calling at 10:30pm but the trip being so last minute I needed to find a room immediately, YET was not given the chance to say anything more than the night I wanted to get a room for. He abruptly cut me off of talking and said “no rooms available, none” and was hung up on. Tried not to get upset but I needed a room so just called again and tried using a deeper voice so I sounded like a man. (I wish this thought of sexism wouldn’t even have to be mentioned, but sadly it does). The second call I made I was at least able to get more information about the status of vacancies, and once I asked to book a room, apparently there were available rooms but wasn’t worth their time, and I was once again hung up on.

Looked on trivago, booking.com, and TripAdvisor - the hotel has rooms available but I don’t want to waste my time or money on a business that is so disrespectful. Not worth the $10 cheaper rate.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Autum D

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for being at the Coastal Breeze Inn.
We are concerned with your review and observations.
The hotel is under renovation and we are taking efforts to give maximum amenities to our guests.
Any inconvenience during the stay is regretted.
We assure a fine stay next time.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Like many other reviewers, we ended up staying at the Coastal Breeze Inn because there was nothing else available. I would typically read the reviews prior to booking but was not able to since we booked through HotWire. That being said, it was not as bad as most people described. Don't get me wrong, it was not great by any stretch of the imagination, but it also was not the worst. The room was clean enough, the beds were ok in terms of comfort and there were no signs of bed bugs. However, don't expect to get a good night sleep. The walls are paper thing and people seem to come and go from this place all night long. In addition, the ice maker is located outside near the rooms and was being used at all hours of the night. Finally, there are no fans so you need to keep your windows open, I recommend you bring a good sleeping mask and some ear plugs if you ended up here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the ice maker as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Justin H

Hello Guest,

Thanks for the stay at the Coastal Breeze Inn and the feedback.
We shall definitely work on your observations.
You can expect a further improved stay next time.
Visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Also, the usual dirty, stinky old carpet. Thin walls so you can hear EVERYONE else. Oh and blood stained towels in the tiny, dirty bathroom. Crummy tv with no channels to speak off. Most of the outlets don't work. Weird, noisy people loitering & smoking in the parking lot at all hours... You know, at flea bag motel...!
I don't own a pet, but I woke up with flea bites all over me!! When I went to the front desk to ask for a refund, the whole (rude and unpleasant) family that own the place came out and started yelling at me. They obviously refused to give me a refund.
They called me a liar but refused to even look at the many bites that I repeatedly tried to show them.
They told me that I should have read the agreement before I signed it!!
(REALLY? That's your defense??)

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank Moondogg S

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Coastal Breeze Inn Morro Bay.
We are sorry and apologize for the inconvenience.
We shall definitely inquire and take necessary actions so that it is redressed and never repeated.
Please do visit us again and we shall ensure a seamless and comfortable stay.

Best Regards,