All reviews waffles morro rock peanut butter included breakfast is small hotels liquor store third floor outdoor patio breakfast room bit dated great view boiled eggs nice bathroom housekeeping staff comfortable rooms shops and restaurants great rate
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Our stay at La Serena is always enjoyable, and peaceful. The rooms are extremely clean, and beautiful. We love the breakfast that is offered of waffles, cereal, boiled eggs, pastries, fruit, and juice, or coffee. Their huge breakfast room on the third floor is accentuated with a delightful patio area where you have a perfect view of Morro Rock. We also appreciate their friendly and helpful staff. La Serena is a wonderful place to enjoy Morro Bay.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

We love to hear from our repeat guests and we are very happy to know that you once again enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Happy travels,

Reviewed 12 May 2018

The motel is fair at best with a free breakfast will little to be desired. I booked the place after reading some reviews, but I should have read more. They were old reviews.
The place could use an update but it is only a few blocks from the wharf.
The worst was that my wife left her bracelet on the table be tween the two beds. When we noticed, we were hours away returning home. I call that afternoon and spoke to the "night desk person" who just came on and explained the situation. I gave her my number as she stated she would check and call me back. I never got a call back. I called the next morning, explaining the situation again to the say desk person. Again she said she would check and call me back in a couple hours. After four hours, I called again and the same person answered and said they check the housecleaning carts and did not find it. I ask if they spoke with the person that actually clean my room, and they stated that they did not know if that person was coming in today. What , you don't have a list of staff, and your the day manager.
Well, please try another place as the beach was great, but the motel, not so much.

Room tip: Close to the beach ans shops
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank georgehI6442LD
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

We apologize that we have been unable to find your wife's bracelet. The front desk staff have it logged so they will be aware to call you if and when it is found. Our hotel prides itself on the honesty of our housekeepers.They find everything from diamond earrings to I pads and our front desk staff is trained to call the guest right away to let them know. Again we apologize that your item has not been found but we will follow through if it is.
la Serena Inn

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I recently stayed at the La Serena Inn for a long weekend and was very happy with my visit. The staff is exceptionally friendly, welcoming, and helpful! I had a spacious room with a balcony looking out at the bay, and loved waking up to that view in the morning and hearing the seals barking in the bay at night. The location is just a couple short blocks from everything you could want on the Embarcadero, as well as the downtown area (which has a very cute Farmers Market on Saturdays!). Breakfast is offered every morning which is a nice touch - coffee and juices, fruit, waffles, cereal, baked goods. The outdoor patio spaces are another lovely perk to staying in this hotel. Please keep in mind this isn't the fanciest place- the furnishings are a little worn, the wifi is kind of spotty, but the exceptional staff, clean and spacious rooms, and excellent location make this hotel an excellent value and wonderful place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thank you for the lovely review. You've said it all for us! It would be our pleasure to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Shhhh! Let’s keep Morro Bay and La Serena Hotel a secret! I tend to be a hotel snob and stay at newer properties but once in a while I find a hotel that is not only cheap and a little older but fantastic! I picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. Large, clean rooms with views, flat screen tv with a million channels for my teenager, friendly, competent staff, free parking, free continental breakfast and a cute third floor breakfast area, with seating inside and out with a view of the rick and bay! Yes the room is s bit dated... yes the furniture has some scratches but overall a fantastic deal and only a short walk to downtown and bay!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Our staff is so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to once again providing you with another memorable stay. Happy travels,
la Serena Inn

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We decided to stay here after always having stayed in Solvang and traveling to and fro to Morro Bay and Cambria. From the first call to Mark at the front desk to inquire about our confirmed reservation (courteous and professional amidst the flurry of business at the time I called) to Roxanne greeting us when we arrived (again professional, personable and just plain sweet) to our departure and check out with Angela. I had wanted something copied and she offered to put it all together and not a problem at all and would have it ready at checkout! She had such an engaging personality, knowledgeable about the area, and depicted the best of what this hotel has to offer. I had spent 6 years in hotel mgt in Bev Hills, Redondo Beach, Napa and Sonoma Counties. I trained hotel personnel under the highest standards in the industry. Not every hotel lives up to those but understandably so and when you go on vacation I don't feel it is my duty to critique based on my prior career. Time to get loose and give it a rest for awhile...but I won't stay at those that dont pick it up and get it right - at least comfortably so. All that being said, all depts at La Serena proved to me those standards still exist in a hotel that doesnt charge an arm and a leg and deprive you of affording a memorable and fun get away. We all need that. Mark and Roxanne were able to give us an upgrade and the room was absolutely beautiful - so clean, well appointed and with all the extras one would need from hairdryer, to refrig and microwave oven inside an armoire to the flat screen tv with HBO , toiltetries, fluffy thick towels and tea/coffeemaker with samples of tea to choose and coffee pods. The water pressure (shower) is magnicent so watch that it doesnt get all over the floor in a pool of water. Knowing that you just use it correctly...it felt like a massage and hot water in an instant. We had 180 degree view of the Bay looking at the infamous Morro Rock .They even have an Audobon bird watching book for you to browse through and inside each room is a multipaged book of all local birds and binoculars are at the front desk for you to use ..Games at front desk for you or your children and rooms are quiet. The bed was like ours at home - Tempurpedic or other rooms to choose if that is not your liking. Pillows soft and extra pillow and blanket in drawer. Even a cell phone charger in room. I am so impressed with this hotel that on our 24 yr anniversary in May we have chosen to stay here 4 nights and not just one. It is now our go to hotel . It is just worth it for the comfort, the ambiance and the great staff - not only Mark, Roxanne, and Angela but Jessica, Tania and Erica. Their efforts in housekeeping and making their Continental Breakfast included in your stay (in an enclosed patio with view of the Bay, or take back to your room)---impecable! They offer cinnamon rolls (small but so delicious - they must have come from a local bakery, oatmeal, cheerios, toast, fresh fruit, etc.... . We had planned on going for breakfast and chose not to because of the perfect breakfast there. Thank you staff mentioned above and a big hand for the ownership in creating and maintaining such a positive attitude and experience. Parking under cover with cameras. We just love this place. Give it a try and I know you'll be back. You will be SO glad you did.

Room tip: All their staff shouts WELCOME without being pushy or invasive. Love them each one!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

We thank you for the awesome review, especially from a former hotelier. We strive every day to make sure each and every guest has the same experience you enjoyed. Our hope is that we can repeat that for you the next time you visit our beautiful area.