“Amazing Thai take on local seafood”

Siamese Bay Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 317 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing spicy Thai seafood eating with the locals and wrapped in splendid service by the owner.

Only one day in Monterey for the mandatory whale watching we went out looking for local seafood restaurants. All were busy so making our way back to our motel we went by this place. Not a flashy place - but strong recommendations from locals just leaving made us enter the small restaurant.
From the very begining we got great service by the owner himself.

We found quickly dishes for all tastes: veggie hot pot, noodles with chicken, mixed spicy seafood, spicy Siam fish and seafood hot pot w/noodles in coconut sauce.

The brilliant owner was both sharing great stories and let us have our own time.

We will for sure be back next time we visit Monterey!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We got there late ona quiet sunday night; they were probably considering locking the front door, just when we entered, in a totally empty restaurant. We sat down, took in the decorated interiors, and ordered drinks to start with.

When ordering, the issue of side dishes came up (again; what is it with Thai restauratns that won't let them be or become more flexible to the generally sympathetic American public ?); can I have noodles instead of rice ? No, noodles is separate dish; you have to order two dishes for that. No discussion possilbe. All right, side of cucumber salad then, maybe ? No; no cucumber slad (every Thai restaurant I 've been to, annd many they are, since it's one of my favorites) has that, but here, no.

Anyway, the food that was served was very tasty, the server boxed left-overs, and we had a good dinner, focusing and discussing our day adventures. Just don't expect flexibility.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

After always driving by this local small place I walked into a very nice surprise. Restaurant is clean and bright with Thai decor. Owner Sam greeted us very politely and we ordered several dishes which came out very fast . The chicken basil , eggplant dish were super. Authentic, good portions and clean .The spicy coconut soup was not sweet and had a punch of sour . It was filled with flavors. The coconut milk did not overwhelm it.
I told the owner what a mistake I have made for costing his restaurant. He told me that it was the original Thai place in Monterey. You could tell there is lot of pride . This place is so good I noticed a fellow that apparently comes and eats there every night . Good food and service , I will be a regular .

Reviewed 13 March 2017

We had lunch and ordered our food "medium hot." Service was excellent and we enjoyed our meals but the food was quite mild. If we return we'll ask for "hot" next time. Would it recommend to anyone who likes Thai food.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Quaint restaurant, cute atmosphere, great owner, nice staff and ALWAYS delicious Thai food. I love the pad Thai, pineapple fried rice, coconut milk soup, and spinach with peanut sauce! Constantly GREAT!