Munras Inn(Monterey)
  • Restaurant
USD 399
USD 388
Hampton.com
Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
USD 267
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
1,520 results
All reviewstapas restaurantcannery rowwild plumfire pitheated poolfisherman's wharfon site restaurantalvarado streetfree parkingdowntown montereybed was very comfortablenice stayking roommile drivepebble beachpacific groveesteban
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We went ahead and booked the deluxe king room. We absolutely loved it. The room was clean, and we also got lucky with being all the way in the back, so we were far away from any traffic noise. If you are given the option to be on the top floor, take it. You’ll more than likely get a balcony with a beautiful view! I especially liked how close it was to everything. There are many shops and restaurants that are a quick walk down the road. The hotel staff was also very nice and accommodating. We also decided to splurge and get a couples massage at the spa and it was amazing! The only downside is that there is a parking fee of 15 per night. Definitely coming back in the future though!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsey O
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Two rooms reserved for a night while traveling with family and they were quite comfortable. A retro motel updated and refurbished nicely. Our room was a two queen and a bit crowded with a tiny but modern bathroom. A good value for the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Casa Munras is a very nice hotel centrally located in Monterey. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are clean and nicely appointed, but you need to read the fine print before booking. Buried in the fine print is a statement that parking will cost you an additional $15.00 a day. That great deal you found turns out to be not quite so good. Most Hotels of this type in Monterey offer free parking, and there is no reason Casa Munras can not other then to glean and extra $15.00 a day from you. Don't get me wrong, I really like this place, but just be aware that the price you book is not what you will pay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Barry C
Inns_of_Monterey, Manager at Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hello Barry,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your recent experience with us. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit and found your room to be so comfortable. We appreciate your feedback on our parking fee and would like to take this opportunity to respond. This charge is important to us, as it goes directly toward our efforts to create a secure environment for our guests; this includes a night security guard, security cameras, and other features that help to keep the parking lot safe and exclusive to our guests. We do also feel that the amount we charge is reasonable, especially when compared to some of our neighbor hotels which charge up to $25 for the same service. We do regret that this separation of service made you think less of our hotel, and hope that it does not deter you from staying with us in the future. Our goal is to make all of our guests feel welcome and respected, and a part of this is being honest about what they pay for. We hope to welcome you back to Casa Munras again soon.

Management of the Inns of Monterey

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

What an awesome experience! I walked in without a reservation and was greeted by Bob who was very happy to take care of me along with the assistance of Henna. In no time I was checked in and relaxing in my beautiful room.
The next day I checked , thinking I was leaving after my nieces golf match but it went longer than expected. So I went back to Casa Munras where Henna greeted me by name. I was amazed she remembered my name and again to care of me immediately.
I definitely will be back and am now a loyal client to Casa Munras!!! Thank you!!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The architecture and layout of Casa Munras is lovely - an old-style California elegant oasis, close to everything (farmer's market and cannery row) but uniquely Monterey. Comfortable beds...Nice bath with a large, separate walk-in shower...((The toiletries included bath salts - and I'm a big fan of baths! )) The heated pool was available and had a nice set up. While we were there, it was pretty chilly so I had the staff bring some extra blankets. The front desk/lobby area was welcoming with infused water and cookies. Nice exercise room.

For me, the only negatives were related to the fact that we were there on business: Breakfast started a bit too late to be able to enjoy. (But there is a fridge in your room and an all-night Denny's across the street). The bar/restaurant stops serving wine at 9. They kindly recommended another place to go but we were too tired. The business center computers do not have a readily available document program loaded for easy use.

I would heartily recommend Casa Munras for a personal trip to Monterey, and even for a business trip (but pay attention to your schedule and already have a google docs acct established:-)). The atmosphere of the place is magical~

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business