“Excellent!!”

Zab Zab
Ranked #55 of 306 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Just loved this restaurant! The food was excellent and the service great!! Had dinner on the Thursday and went back for takeaway the Friday!! Very busy the Friday but worth the wait !! Had green chicken curry, great! Had their starter platter special amazing! Had their duck great!! Tom yum soup delicious!!

1  Thank Joy M

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Booked for 8.00 and arrived 8.30...naughty naughty. No problem one table left. Very casual small restaurant only about 20 covers. Bustling chaotic kitchen.

Disappointed chicken wings special was finished. Had ribs ...brilliant. Salad great. Tom Yun and green chicken curry (x hot) for main course all great. All over in about an hour.

Closed at 9.00 so make sure to turn up in time. Strongly recommend

1  Thank Phil-I-am61
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We visit Monterey many time and try a few Thai restaurants in the area. This one we found on Google. We decided to give it a try. Location is easy to find, patio seating is lovely. The food is excellent. We ordered fresh spring rolls, mixed vegetables stir fry, beef salad, and for dessert we ordered sticky rice with mango and fri banana with ice scream. They are delicious. This place will be the to go Thai food when we are in Monterey from now on.

1  Thank ASW22
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Nice local spot, minimal waiting, nice menu, freshly made and nicely presented with great, friendly service

1  Thank BillLutz
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Wandered in on passing as liked the look of this place. I love Thai food!

The food was nicely presented and tasty. I think it's fair comment to say the spice has been radically dulled down to western tastes (some of the negative reviews say it) but I'm sure if you asked when you order it could be dialled back up; they seemed friendly and accommodating. You will be disappointed if you like a fire mouth spice-fiend option and don't say this up front I'd suspect.

I had minced pork salad as I wanted a light meal. Partner had pumpkin curry - both very enjoyable and flavoursome but mild. Chicken noodle soup was bland enough for a noodle obsessed 6 yr old to enjoy (thumbs up from my daughter) but not to my taste I'm afraid as no spice at all. Also we had gyoza (sort of a mild kind of 'curried'- like a mini samosa) and the calamari was good but less peppery than I'd like for the Thai version- more like Spanish.

Very nice atmosphere and service was very good. Overall I'd recommend this place as the food was very good quality and tasted nice and fresh. Not too expensive either.