“Delightfuly spiced and very yummy!”

Ambrosia India Bistro
Ranked #46 of 323 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Vegetarians and omnivores were very happy! Traditional India food with nice flavors and spiced just perfectly! Veggie pakoras were HUGE! Onion kulcha very tender.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Nice decoration, the external patio looks a little bit abandoned.
The food is really good and the quantity is a plus, as indian restaurants tend to not serve large portions. Really good quality and spices, definitely recommend

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant when on recent trip to USA
We liked the surrounding but disappointed with food we eat a lot of Indian dishes & enjoy spicy food
We ordered chicken tikka missals and a lamb Rogan josh the quality of meat in both dishes was extremely disappointing didn’t appear to be good quality of meat it was only when we left the restaurant both of us said we were disappointed with our dishes and I’m afraid I would not return or recommend this restaurant
DISAPPOINTED

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My go-to Indian bistro! So yummy and fulfilling! The flavors are amazing and authentic! It’s great that there are a couple locations in the area!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The juxtaposition of an Indian restaurant and a Mexi-Cali type saloon is and interesting one but somehow Ambrosia made it work. The decor livens the atmosphere while maintaining a casual tranquility throughout. The fountain pond at the back is a nice touch.

The flavor highlights of the meal were the appetizer (roti & sauces) and the mango lassi. After that, I found myself searching for zing and coming up empty. Little to no spice was present in the half dozen dishes passed around at my table so if you are a spice lover like me, be sure to specifically order everything spicy. The saag paneer was good and the variety of naans is great even if the portions are a little small.

Service was very good. I have every expectation that, if ordered spicy, everything would have had the kick I was searching for. I was just disappointed to not have it come standard!

Date of visit: May 2018