You'll like staying here if you can get one of their discounted rooms. They offer plenty of amenities, except you do have to pay for parking ($17 a day) and Internet (broken down by connection speeds -kinda chincy there). I believe the min was $9.95 per day, but that should be free in this day and age.
Rooms were well appointed and the bedding was soft with plenty of pillows. Decor overall was excellent and the value exceptional. It is right on the Wharf - but that's not the greatest attraction there. It is a few mins to Canneray row and the Aquarium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay