“Best Lebanese cafe ”

Paprika Cafe
Ranked #97 of 307 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Best Lebanese food . The place is tiny but the food is great . My kids got meat shawarma amazing my husband got falafel was excellent and I got foul moudamas great . It is halal too . And they have all vegan baklava very good . I recommend anyone visiting Monterey California to try this amazing cafe

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We went there while in in town on a road trip. My wife, sister-in-law and two younger children (4 and 7). It was an earlier dinner, between 5:30 and 6. We paid $55 to $60 for the 5 of us, but we ordered a ton.

Food: The usual array of swharma, gyros and kabobs, but all done really, really well. The hummous was very enjoyable, and the tzaziki sauce was gobbled down on the spot. I enjoyed my gyro a lot, but after trying my wife's kabob I was a little jealous. All the food was cooked from scratch onsite, including the baklava which was as good as any I've had. There was a vegetarian menu that looked good, but we didn't order from it.

Atmosphere: I was surprised when we walked in at how small it was. It wasn't crowded, so we didn't feel squished, but I can imagine that a full house might make you feel that way. However, we were very comfortable. It was very relaxed and I felt fine with my kids there, and would happily wear shorts and flip flops in.

Service: The service as good as you can expect from a 1 man shop. After you order, he goes back and prepares your meal. This means you might have to wait for a few minutes if you finish your water, but your food comes out perfectly as you're dealing with the cook at the same time. He was very friendly, and it felt like you stopped at your grandpa's house and he's making you dinner.

Overall: if I lived in Monterey, I'd probably eat here once a week. Thoroughly enjoyable food, in a comfortable atmosphere at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I will get my meal to go next time. A screaming child in a small area is not enjoyable but the food was authentic. Service was a bit slow.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

The hole in the wall kind of place you'll love and tell your friends about. The slower service makes the food taste better and makes the it even more of an experience. This is real food and is worth waiting for. Relax and enjoy a meal for a change. Check this place out!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

This place is tiny but well worth a visit if you like mediterranean food. The owner was the only one working so he took our order and possibly cooked the food while we waited. If you have a stroller you must leave it outside, there is no room for anything extra. There were several people picking up orders to go while we were dining. I personally am not a fan of baklava but we were served a small piece at the end of dinner and I loved it. I still think about the delicious food every once in a while.