“Monterey Movie Tour”

Monterey Movie Tours
Ranked #7 of 41 Tours in Monterey
Reviewed 22 November 2011

A definite must do if you are in Monterey! Doug, our tour guide , was interesting , entertaining and a well of knowledge about the Monterey Area.

There are newer reviews for Monterey Movie Tours

Reviewed 11 November 2011

If your time is limited this is a good choice, a one afternoon overview. But not much opportunity to wander. A drive through Carmel, which could be an afternoon of wandering in itself. Pickup at the Monterey Wharf, which would allow for your own walking tour there.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I decided to try the Monterey Movie Tour after hearing about it on TripAdvisor. We were very glad we did. We went on a warm and sunny Sunday afternoon. Although my wife and I had been to Monterey and Pebble Beach previously it was very nice to have someone else do the driving and be able to just see the sights. The creator, owner, driver and tour director Doug is also a local radio personality and does a great job combining stories and humor with facts about various sights. The tour goes through Monterey, Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach and the edge of Carmel. I thought the portion through Pebble Beach along 17 Mile Drive was particularly interesting since there are some things that can be seen on a bus that you can't see in a car (since you are sitting higher on the bus). The bus makes two stops including a stop at the Lodge at Pebble Beach where you can get something to eat or drink.
The total length of the tour was about 3 hours. We thought this was an enjoyable way to spend part of a day and would definitely recommend it to others.

1  Thank huskergreg
Reviewed 10 September 2011

My wife and i loved this tour! The guide (Doug I Think) was so knowledgable with both the movies and the area, he is a Pro. The movie portions of the tour were well planned and the video footage was fun. This trip also takes you to some of the most scenic spots in the area. Bring a few snacks and drinks kick back and enjoy the ride. The tour is organized with a couple photo and bathroom breaks A. great 3 hours of sights with having to walk or drive.

A Great Time with More than Just Movies!

2  Thank Zwhite
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Prompted by the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, my husband and I took the Monterey Movie Tour on a Saturday. Being more of a film buff, I probably enjoyed the trip a bit more than my husband (he probably would award only four stars), but even without the film aspect, the tour takes you through an undeniably beautiful scenic area of the country, the Monterey Peninsula. Doug, the owner and our tour guide, is a native of the area and a local radio personality. He is extremely personable and has extensive knowledge about the peninsula and the many movies filmed there (my favorite clips shown were from "National Velvet" and "Clash by Night").
Tips: The right hand side (as you are sitting inside the bus) is the coastal side and offers better views. The garage at DelMonte and Washington Sts. has all-day parking for $7. If, like us, you didn't have lunch, you can get something small and quick (but expensive!) at the Tap Room at the swanky Pebble Beach Lodge, where there is a 40-45 minute break.

1  Thank claza_9