“Love this local and remarkable place”
Review of Here Comes the Sun

Here Comes the Sun
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Montara
Reviewed 20 January 2017

Yes this place is a must stop - they make their own power bars with peanut butter and chocolate. Also cranberries and peanut butter - I couldn't decide so I got both - ultra yummy. Best coffee and scones too. Everything you would want in a cool coffee place - strong wifi, and couches, clean and comfortable. Love the owner, she really did it up well, you just want to stay forever. This place has character and is yummy. Don't miss it.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

After checking out of Point Montara Lighthouse, my girlfriend and I headed north to San Francisco for a continuation of our two week Road Trip up the coast. Just a few minutes down the road off Highway 1, we stopped at Here Comes the Sun for a something to drink and eat before getting on the road.

I really liked this coffee shop. There is an authenticity and quirkiness that makes this place unique and much different than a Starbucks or Peet's Coffee. The counter help both looked like they were high school age, but without any of the high school attitude. The young gal in particular was genuinely nice and friendly and made it a point to be warm and pleasant.

I ordered a coffee, a ham and cheese croissant, a chocolate croissant, and a scone for my girlfriend. My coffee was strong, almost too strong. I was wide awake and alert for hours after that cup of coffee. The ham and cheese croissant was warm and really good. I would have liked to see more ham in there, but there was enough to keep me happy. I saved my chocolate croissant for dessert and it was just as good. My girlfriend didn't like her scone. She thought it was too dry. I took a bite and thought it was fine.

I always like to support "mom and pop" establishments. Much more than supporting one of the chains, where the experience is never quite the same they show on their commercials.

If I was in the area, I would definitely be back.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

This coffee house is a bright spot on the road while traveling Highway 1. It is small, cozy, and full of personality and charm. The service is effusively positive, and your drink will be made to your satisfaction. A comfortable side room has lots of books and comfy couches and chairs. I encourage you to stop and enjoy this non-big chain coffee house - look for the bright yellow sign! Turn around if you miss it - it is worth the stop,

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We have been here twice now and we love it! It's got a lot of great coffee options plus awesome crossiants and snacks. If you have kids, they have some games to play inside which was a hit!

Reviewed 4 August 2016

When touring the Halfmoon Bay southwest of San Francisco make sure to stop at this very nice place with friendly staff, free WiFi, and excellent coffee. They also serve light fare...and very reasonable prices!