“Bed bugs crack head motel”

America's Best Inn Modesto
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the motel get away for couple days me and my fiance. The staff was friendly. The room was very outdated . i asked for a non smoking room. I used my out of state id cause i know alot motels put out state travelers in nicer rooms. This place is a dump. Ac/ heat bottons look like someone glue on. Carpet was stain. I layed down went sleep was awoken by a sharp sting on my leg. Pulled cover off saw a huge bed bug. I freaked out. I pulled back sheet on mattress omg i saw dark spots all over and alot bugs. I grabbed my things went to office showed owner wear i was bleeding and pictures of bed. He did not refund me told me to leave. I went to hospital for the bite that night was given cream.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Currently staying here they gave my family of 4 a room originally with 1 bed and threw a second bed in. Can't use heater window is messed up so it's cold. Cockroaches water beetles. No housekeeping this is my 3rd night and I one has one to clean. Towels are dirty trash is full. Bad service. Think I will end my stay soon.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

NO STARS- DO NOT STAY HERE!!! My first clue should've been the nasty parrot in the lobby with bird crap all over the cage- the husband and wife were extremely rude- the room was filthy, dirt everywhere, no knobs on the AC, even the lock was busted!!! They refused to refund my money as I did not stay, but thankfully the online booking company I went through refunded it. The place screamed bed bugs and filth- come to find out, there was a murder at that hotel recently too!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2015

I challenge anyone to know your in the right hotel by the pictures which were flat out phony. I was approached by a panhandler before I was completely out of my car. The clerk argued with me telling me security wouldn't allow it even after pointing him and his home on wheels " a shopping cart " I also saw two drug deals take place before I got to my room. Upon entering I find that of five light outlets, there is one bulb, no towels, no toilet. not even an ice bucket. the phones did no t work at all. I couldn't even call the office. So back at the office trying to get my room stocked I ask for a ice bucket, when the clerk got one she was looking inside of it in an odd way, she puts a liner in it and hands it to me in the bottom it has cigarrett burns in it at which time she again argueing with me insisting it was sanitary because of the liner that she stuck h, as were the bed sheets as weller unwashed hand into. The towels some protection???were all stained as were the sheets, as well as the top sheet having two tears in it. I took a damp towel and swiped it across the rug and it turned it completely black. this is how I spent the eve and morning of my mothers funeral. this place is so bad that I am shocked that these sites that book hotels don't check out the plaes that you affix you company name to. How about offering your customers some Protection??? Also no remote control and 100 degree weather and the pool was empty and very filthy looking, and breakfast was a lie there were none. the ice machines there were two one was resonabley clean and the other didn't look like it was fit for a dog. Guess wkich one worked.

Room Tip: Aoid this place like the plaque.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2015

I went to rent a room. They gave me room number 115. it has broken window and broken toilet also it wasn't clean. I went back and told them that. they upgrade me to room 215. when I went to the room. there were blood on the BED. I went back to ask for refund. they refused to do that. I paid $65 for nothing. when I called the manager to tel them what is going on. they were yelling at me and said no refund. I already filed to claims against them. and I will be going to small claim court also. don't go there you might get sick or maybe infected with HIV because the Blood.

Room Tip: don't go there it is terrible it is a bad place
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo