See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2015

This was the worst motel I have ever made a reservation at. Upon arrival room that was suppose to be handicap excessable wasnt, the room was filthy, the furniture was stacked ontop of the bed. The manager didnt see anything wrong with it and when asked for another room it was just as filthy. They had no accomodations for disabled like they told us they had when booking. When asked for a refund they refused said they can't . I went through expedia after a few weeks and alot of phone calls we finally got a refund through expedia. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE . i REPEAT DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

The place is a total dump. The front desk person was lovely and friendly (Pam). Nothing else about this experience is good. We got a room that we couldn't get into so we got another which was "better" and could barely open it. It was small, old, water sprinkled out if the shower, half of one outlet worked, beds are uncomfortable, sheets are old torn and stained, toilet barely flushes. I almost wanted to steel the towel so I could use it as sand paper, lol, I wouldn't even wash my floors with it, soap didn't "soap" lol. Basically, OMG. I hope there were no bed bugs. But in the morning I had a number of bites on my body, but I hope they were just mosquitos. I was told there were no bugs per last report.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2015

This was the worse motel I have ever stayed in. At check-in, I noticed that things seemed a little unorganized and unkempt, but that was just the front office. Once inside the room, I LITERALLY looked around for Candid Camera..The room smelled old and was in poor repair. It was dirty and the bedding was worn. The bathroom fan was covered in dust and clicked loudly when operating. There is NO excuse, budget or not, for renting rooms in this state. The couple who appear to operate the place should be ashamed and embarrassed. This is the first negative review I've ever left (I've always felt I should say something nice or nothing at all) but I feel obliged to warn people about this place...

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Don A
Reviewed 1 October 2014

After going to another motel where I had a resevation only to find out that they sold my room.Myself and my young daughter thought we had to sleep in the truck. I drove into American Budget inn & suite where I was greated by a lovely women who saw that I was upset and said that she would take care of us. We got a clean room at a good price. And it was safer looking than the motel 6 that sold my room. We come up to Modesto 2 times a year and we will be coming back to American Budget inn .

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank creampony
Reviewed 9 September 2014

Granted that I am not a picky person and I've never actually written a review for a place, I felt the need to give future customers a heads up and say this was by far the worst experience I've had in my stay at different hotels. As I walked in to the lobby, the woman in the front desk began asking me a ton of unnecessary questions as if she was trying to figure out if I was a criminal of some sort. After a good 15 mins of the interrogation she finally gave me my key. Driving up to the other side of the hotel where my room was located, I saw what appeared to be the cart of a homeless person under the stairs as well as a good 5 signs that emphasized that the hotel was not responsible for any thefts or damages caused in the parking lot (not that I wasn't aware of this or anything). Walking into my room I saw a cockroach crawling on the counter and almost into my purse! I was extremely disappointed as it was already. So my bf went down to the car to grab all my valuables and the woman from the front desk came up to him and felt need to ask him if he was staying there even after she had just seen him in the lobby with me. He responded by saying he was, gave her the room number and the lady said "be careful out here it's night time you know." When I thought things couldn't get any worse, me and my bf decided to grab a late bite so we went to the Jack in the Box across the street, as we came back to the motel again, a police officer pulled up behind us, flashed a flashlight into my car and asked us if we were staying there. Again, we said yes we just went to grab something to eat and he said "alright just want to make sure you weren't doing anything you're not supposed to be doing." I felt as though we were bothered and harrassed since we arrived at this motel, it was most definitely not a comfortable stay, the service was horrible, and I can honestly say I will NEVER come back here again!!!

• Stayed: September 2014