“very bad don't go there”

America's Best Inn Modesto
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed 12 August 2015

I went to rent a room. They gave me room number 115. it has broken window and broken toilet also it wasn't clean. I went back and told them that. they upgrade me to room 215. when I went to the room. there were blood on the BED. I went back to ask for refund. they refused to do that. I paid $65 for nothing. when I called the manager to tel them what is going on. they were yelling at me and said no refund. I already filed to claims against them. and I will be going to small claim court also. don't go there you might get sick or maybe infected with HIV because the Blood.

Room Tip: don't go there it is terrible it is a bad place
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank zakaria s

Reviewed 9 August 2015

This was the worst motel I have ever made a reservation at. Upon arrival room that was suppose to be handicap excessable wasnt, the room was filthy, the furniture was stacked ontop of the bed. The manager didnt see anything wrong with it and when asked for another room it was just as filthy. They had no accomodations for disabled like they told us they had when booking. When asked for a refund they refused said they can't . I went through expedia after a few weeks and alot of phone calls we finally got a refund through expedia. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE . i REPEAT DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

The place is a total dump. The front desk person was lovely and friendly (Pam). Nothing else about this experience is good. We got a room that we couldn't get into so we got another which was "better" and could barely open it. It was small, old, water sprinkled out if the shower, half of one outlet worked, beds are uncomfortable, sheets are old torn and stained, toilet barely flushes. I almost wanted to steel the towel so I could use it as sand paper, lol, I wouldn't even wash my floors with it, soap didn't "soap" lol. Basically, OMG. I hope there were no bed bugs. But in the morning I had a number of bites on my body, but I hope they were just mosquitos. I was told there were no bugs per last report.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2015

This was the worse motel I have ever stayed in. At check-in, I noticed that things seemed a little unorganized and unkempt, but that was just the front office. Once inside the room, I LITERALLY looked around for Candid Camera..The room smelled old and was in poor repair. It was dirty and the bedding was worn. The bathroom fan was covered in dust and clicked loudly when operating. There is NO excuse, budget or not, for renting rooms in this state. The couple who appear to operate the place should be ashamed and embarrassed. This is the first negative review I've ever left (I've always felt I should say something nice or nothing at all) but I feel obliged to warn people about this place...

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Don A
Reviewed 1 October 2014

After going to another motel where I had a resevation only to find out that they sold my room.Myself and my young daughter thought we had to sleep in the truck. I drove into American Budget inn & suite where I was greated by a lovely women who saw that I was upset and said that she would take care of us. We got a clean room at a good price. And it was safer looking than the motel 6 that sold my room. We come up to Modesto 2 times a year and we will be coming back to American Budget inn .

• Stayed: September 2014