“missed chance”

Galletto Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Galletto Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 553 Restaurants in Modesto
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11th St.
Description: Galletto Ristorante is located amid the vitality of Modesto, California's newly renovated downtown. They specialize in providing inspired cuisine, impeccable service and unparalleled indoor and outdoor facilities for an intimate dinner or a large party. Uniquely designed to answer the needs of their private and professional community for exceptional dining and meeting experiences, Galletto Ristorante brings together the elements you are looking for.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My table partner came here already several times and she was speaking very highly of this restaurant. So we went in with high expectations.
The restaurant itself is magnificent, high ceilings, nicely dressed tables, pleasant atmosphere. But as the restaurant was quite empty, you had a sense of missing something. The waiters were very keen on helping you, even a bit too helpful.
We had our starters with some local beers, and these paired well. But somebody has to explain me why the chefs are already preparing your main dishes when you have just begun to eat your starters. We specifically told them that we wanted a 'slow' service, but it didn't help. We had the suggested pasta with chesse and truffle, but the cheese sauce was soo overwhelming that the pasta as well as the truffle were hardly noticeable. really a shame.
We were really disspointed about the service and the main course, that we asked for the bill and left.
quite bizar experience, as my table partner gave it a new shot last week and she was really pleased about the food.
Perhaps we walked in on one of those evenings ...

1  Thank filipp804

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I love the patio at this restaurant we went after the dinner rush sat on the patio with only one other couple right in front of their beautiful fireplace service was excellent the wine delicious.
I am not particularly partial to the inside of this restaurant it’s still looks like you’re sitting in the bank TO ME.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

this place is excellent. the food is really good its made from scratch real fresh and good. its truly homemade food. the atmosphere is nice. the staff is nice.

1  Thank Mel L
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I was so excited to b able to show my sister a favorite restaurant of ours. But I was really disappointed! The starter artichoke was terribly undercooked and tough. I was so looking forward to having it, but we sent it back. We split a salad that was chilled and up to par. But the main dish, a seafood pasta special was foul smelling(like old seafood). My dish reaked as it passed my nose enroute to the table. I tasted my first mussel. It was old. The white fish was over cooked and the broth not as flavorful as I remembered. I said nothing. I just put the mussels intact into the shell refuse bowl. They waitress asked if there was something wrong w the mussels. We said that they were old. The waitress said, “We don’t serve old product.” The waitress comped a part of the bill...

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We love this restaurant. The outdoor patio is gorgeous and the atmosphere is nice. Always great food & service.