“NOISY !!! And,.... that is the good part !!”

George's Steakhouse Bar & Grill
Ranked #226 of 554 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 18 February 2018

The room is shaped like a high school basketball court with about 18 ft ceilings, As a result, it's like dining a fully packed high school game. EXTREMELY noisy !! Shoddily decorated with Naugahyde seating, etc. I had the sirloin steak which I gave on trying it cut and left half of it on the plate. My companion had prime rib that had been left in a warming oven until it was dark brown all the way through and tasted like a pot roast. The sides of baked potato and steamed vegetables were good, though. Wait staff was friendly but overworked. Only two of them that I could see. It was bad enoughexperience that I have no desire to geve them a second chance.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We've eaten here for lunch on a lot of occasions! Great food - great service! Wide array to choose from on the menu.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit to Georges steakhouse. I had an excellent hamburger. Great price on beer too! Not a lot of atmosphere. But excellent service.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We went here and sat in the bar area to eat so we could partake the happy hour specials. The drinks were fine and the service was fine to take our orders. We had a coupon, and our server very nicely steered us towards items we could buy. The food was generously served. The prime rib was just okay, but the ribs were excellent. The mashed potatoes also were very tasty. We had given our coupon to our server, but someone else brought our check and did not take off the coupon. We couldn't track anyone down to ask about it (our server was on a break, maybe?) so we took it off ourselves and left less tip. This was not the best way to leave, and it left a bad impression on us. We have eaten here before, and it was better than this last time. It is a good place to go for happy hour, but dinner was disappointing.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I had the steak and tequila shrimp special. The steak was cooked appropriatly and very flavorful but if they presented an option to have my steak pre-chewed I probably would have paid extra for it. The vegetables were bland and seemed to be from the freezer section of Costco. The gravy/sauce for the mashed potatoes was good. The tequila shrimp was good.

The bar was busy, the drinks were inexpensive.

Date of visit: July 2016