“Authentic and Delicious”
Review of Bahar Restaurant

Bahar Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bahar Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 243 Restaurants in Mission Viejo
Reviewed 14 October 2015

My wife and I have enjoyed many Persian restaurants around the world, and have been fortunate to experience many years of home cooking from Iran. This is an excellent restaurant with a great selection of dishes on offer. Both the kebabs and the stews were delicious, and the service was very attentive. The only area for improvement would be the decor which is a little tired and soulless - but it's not surprising that the restaurant appeared very popular amongst the locals. Great place.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

We were visiting Mission Viejo and looking for something different. Bahar is located above a middle eastern market. It has a side entrance with a stairway to the restaurant. We started with an order of hummus. The flat bread was so fresh it was still warm. I had the lamb shank with rice, which was very good. Our service was prompt and efficient. The food is reasonably priced for both the quantity and quality of the meal. After dinner we spent an hour exploring the market, bringing home three different varieties of flat bread, some of which is baked at the market.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

Ate at Bahar for lunch on Sunday. The entire menu sounded appetizing but I settled for the Tahchin. The food was served fairly quickly and the portion size was very good. The taste of the food was also very good. The servers were friendly and attentive as well.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

We come here once in while for a change and its really very good ,the quality of the food is excellent and the service is better than average. The rice here is off the charts good and complements and kabob dish you order well and we love the grape leaves, Any of the ground meat, chicken or lamb are very tasty. the do serve beer and wine. For a bit of an adventure stop in at the market down stairs for tea or sweets to take home. If your skiddish about new things this place might not be for you but if your up for it and open minded then you could do much worse.

Reviewed 20 January 2015

I found this place by accident and was happy I did. The plates we had were all delicious, and considering the fact that all of the food comes from the store below,, it's all fresh as can be. I had the chicken kabob, with rice,, cooked just right... Prices are reasonable too.

I hope to go back next time I am in SoCal. Service by the way was attentive and friendly.