“Worst Stay EVER!!!”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I have traveled and stayed in hotels for decades. This is by far the WORST hotel I have ever been in. It seemed like it was going to be great at the beginning. They let me check in early, but checked me into a dirty room. The phone didn't work in the room, but I called from my cell and was put into another room. The air conditioning was not working and the first night was 78 degrees and I slept very little. In the morning, all I wanted was a nice hot shower. Instead, it was luke warm water, at best! No blow dryer in the room. I was told by the front desk, you come here. I had to go down with wet hair and get a blow dryer. When I was leaving in the morning, I spoke to the front desk about the water and air conditioning. I was told it would be looked at. In the evening when I returned, my room was still 78 degrees and had not been cleaned. I was too tired to argue with them and had another sleepless night sweating. In the morning, I should not have been surprised to have another luke warm shower with no shampoo. I had to rush to meetings, but when I returned, my room was not cleaned and still hot. I called the front desk and they said they would send maintenance immediately. Claudio was the only bright spot. He did come after a while and fixed the hot water and replaced the entire air conditioning unit. I had called the regional number after my first day and to date have never heard back. I finally called and reached the Assistant Manager, who after hearing everything that had happened, could only say he would talk with his staff. He didn't offer any compensation, discount, or anything for all of my problems. DON'T EVER STAY HERE!!! You will be sorry.

Room Tip: Choose any other hotel!!!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Hotel is nice but nothing too exciting. It is what it is: an extended stay. They provide little kitchenettes, some dishes etc. Rooms are spacious and relatively clean.
They don't offer real breakfast. It is is truly: grab and go. Coffee is good, actually excellent :)
The one issue I had was the front staff. One of the weekend days, the front receptionist was having a personal conversation over the phone for quite a long time. Whoever was on the other side of the line was often using the "f" words that could be heard by anyone in the lobby especially since the conversation was done over the speaker. It is neither the place nor the language to be used in hotels.
The receptionist did not turned off the phone when the hotel residents came to ask questions. Everybody could still hear coughs and noises made by the person on the other line. I don't mind personal phone calls at work but there should be a limit don't you think?

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2016

This was my experience as a motel. It was overall good. Good kitchen and towels provided along with dishes and pots.
Restrooms clean and maintained. The temperature of the room, bed and blankets all well arranged and I had an amazing time living there..
Shamil was also helpful and cooperative!! Its worth a try definitely!! I would go again..

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2016

I've stayed here several times but always as a last resort when all other options are booked.

Rooms here come with towels, sheets and pillows. Thats it. Management claims that other amenities are available upon request but they are "out, we'll bring it by your room tomorrow" but they never arrive.

Sure there is a small kitchen but there is absolutely nothing in there. No coffee maker, no plates, no cups or glasses, no utensils, not even a trash can. Even the least expensive roadside motels have a drinking glass or two in the room, not Extended Stay America.

Room Tip: request a room away from the freeway, management probably wont pay any attention to your request but...
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. While we no longer keep dishes in guest rooms, these items are available upon request at the front desk. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will coach our staff to ensure we are responding to guest needs in timely manner as well as making sure our amenities are fully stocked for our guests. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sjp2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

For the cost per night, I expected a bit more. For instance not very clean, particularly the public areas. No extra towels or blankets and very thin bedding so I couldn't get warm enough at night. One of us commented that the way to keep costs down was not maintain a building or rooms. Hot water was limited It was safe enough I guess and they had nice apples and energy bars out for breakfast, I wouldn't give them a good rating.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple