All reviews self parking ordered room service bay view indoor pool san francisco airport late check comfortable beds shuttle service stayed here for one night an overnight stay free shuttle rental car an early flight king bed robe runway valet
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

This all happened over 3 days. Requested "feather free" room when I made the reservation; didn't happen. Requested foam pillows: waited 45 minutes and called back to hear she'd forgotten my request. Called later on asking for spoons (for yogurt I bought) and got plastic spoons; how much more than $450 per night does stainless steel cost? Ordered room service with bread and olive oil; neither was delivered.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
GeneralManagerAloft, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hello Joseph R,
Thank you for your feedback and the time you spent to alert us of the issues you experienced. We have improvements for our lack of responsiveness of our services.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I am a Starwood/Marriott loyalist and look forward to trying each of the different brands and properties. I have stayed at this particular Westin several times due to work commitments. The hotel itself is fine, nothing memorable at all. But there are no hotels near SFO airport that are particularly great, so the bar is low. That will all change soon when the new Grand Hyatt opens right at the airport. I'm not a Hyatt fan, but I might change loyalty when at SFO for this new hotel.

The front desk staff here at Westin SFO has always been lovely and welcoming. The doormen and valet staff, not so much. The lobby area is dark and dreary and there are many areas in which the advanced age of the hotel is obvious. The elevators are old-fashioned and the hallways to the rooms are dated. The rooms are fine - nothing more and nothing less. They could use a nice upgrade and the bathrooms could use a touch up - especially to get rid of the yucky shower curtains. The beds are comfy and the amenities are all typical Westin. I love the rooms with the airport view.

The hotel's restaurant is a little dated, but the service and food are excellent. I've had some of the best hotel food at this venue. It's definitely a highlight. The hotel's gym is fine, as well. The best thing about this hotel is its location on the SF bay and the trails that surround the airport. I am a runner and love heading out there and enjoying the beautiful views.

The Westin SFO is fine for a night's rest. The pricing is usually reasonable, but I would be willing to pay a bit more if they renovated the facilities. I'll be back for my point accrual and because it is a reliable hotel, but they'll need to up their game if they want to compete with the new Hyatt and solidify a loyal base. I'll start splitting my loyalty.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
GeneralManagerAloft, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hello Michael_SD,
Thank you so much for your time for giving us such thorough feedback for the hotel. We appreciate your loyalty. We see a lot of improvements to be done. We are happy you enjoyed the bay trail and our gym. We hope to continue to win you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

As others have mentioned here, this property isn't up to Westin standards. It's a Courtyard level hotel with slightly nicer beds. The "workout room" leaves a lot to be desired. My last stay was during a time when there was a large conference that was being held in the area. The rates were more than double the already high rates. Parking is $30/night in an open large lot (and the area is currently under construction). The "workout room" needs some attention. It's convenient to the airport for early morning flights but there are better options in the area.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
GeneralManagerAloft, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hello Deborah, Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate your feedback of our condition and few areas that needs attention. Please let us know if you have any plans to return so we can prepare for better arrival. Thank you

Reviewed 27 September 2018

the noise from the elevators kept us up all nights, which we should have known from the fact that hair dryer is buried way inside the rack in the restroom, it was likely a room that no one wanted and not kept in check, not to mentioned wifi is a paid service for $9.95 a day, and $30 a night for parking, not a good deal at all.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear mw96789,
Thank you for your feedback about the property. We appreciate your time.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Hotel is not like other Westins. In the morning no taxis available and no one around to call one for you. Snacks limited at the front desk and the hotel restaurant is definitely lacking. Room was clean enough, however the hallway outside of of the elevators smelled of smoke (cig) every day.

Room Tip: eat elsewhere the restaurant off the lobby was lacking
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
GeneralManagerAloft, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hello Samantha,

Thank you for your feedback. We have shared your feedback with the team. We appreciate the time you had taken to share with us.