“Best Chinese around. ”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I don’t understand the low rating, this is by far my favorite Chinese restaurant. We live in Sacramento but when we are in SF this is where we go. I have been here for business many times and it’s always a hit with our colleagues. The service is great and we always feel welcomed here. I always leave satisfied and looking forward to our next trip. I have tried a wide variety of their menu. I love the cubed beef, Peking Duck, crab chow mein, seafood fried rice, walnut shrimp, and for dessert the mango gelatin with condensed milk, almond cookies and many more. The place is great and so is the staff.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

When we have to choose where to go for our dim sum fix (and this is often!) in the Millbrae area, the votes tend to go to HK Flower Lounge. The small plates are served clean, well-balanced, tender when they should be tender, crisp when they are meant to be crisp, and all the other sensations for the mouth, nose and eyes. The service is attentive and friendly, in spite of the language divide! We don't speak Chinese, although we might look it, and their English is limited. It does not matter. They still treat us well and we somehow manage to get our special orders right. They make the best salted fish and chicken fried rice. The fish is finely flaked, unlike other restaurants who don't take the time to flake them finely and instead give you hard pieces of uber salty fish. The chicken is adequately sauteed, and the blending with the rice, egg, and greens is just so. We can eat bowl after bowl of this and never tire of it.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The food was good and authentic, but the service was slow and unfriendly. We sat for 15 minutes before anyone brought water or took our order. We will not go back.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Went there for dinner and was so excited to have their dim sums. Sadly though, they do not make them for dinner, and was left digging for other options.

The duck was ok, but way too fatty and bony. The dumpling soup was good, but the oyster too chewy. The staff was outstanding and very friendly as well as professional. I would give it another chance but for lunch only.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on a recommendation from our hotel. It was very crowded as one would expect on a Saturday night, even though it was later in the evening. The hostess was very friendly and we only waited about 15 minutes for a table for 6. Our server brought out water glasses and 3 of the 6 were horribly dirty. Not water stains - built-up, leftover yuck on the glasses. We requested sodas and hot tea instead. Everyone ordered and the appetizers and soups (dim sum variety, straw mushroom/chicken soup, rolls) were delivered quickly, followed by the entrees. The appetizers and soup were great. The entrees were okay at best; I expected to be wowed a bit more based on their reputation. Prices were what I would expect of a restaurant within the city but a little high for one in an outer area. I've visited wonderful authentic restaurants in other neighborhoods for dim sum so I was expecting a bit more from this visit. In the end, our waiter really warmed up and visited with us before leaving but I don't think I would return or could recommend it as the best.