All reviews life changing an understatement pura vida each guest meditation classes spent weeks detailed directions healing process perfect setting transformation body health breath session counseling journey soul
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I just got back from a 7 day personal transformation retreat with Dr. Ann West and it was the best experience of my life. For the past 3 years I looked into going to Sacred Springs but somehow I always talked myself out of it. My life was becoming unbearable so I decided to invest in myself and it was worth every penny. The retreat focused on healing my mind, body, and soul. Everything that was listed on the website was accurate and I received treatments catered to my specific needs. Yoga, meditation, hiking, ozone therapy, massage therapy, Breathwork, theta healing, cognitive behavioral therapy, and catered meals (vegan, all raw foods, juices) from a fantastic chef, gorgeous accommodations, and amazing company. I feel lighter, happier, and overall healthier. I was given the tools to help aid with my progress once entering back into my normal day-to-day life. I highly recommend this retreat to anyone who needs a reboot. Best decision that I’ve ever made!

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank June L
Reviewed 17 January 2018

WOW ~ Feeling super blessed and empowered from recently completing a Reiki Mastery course at Pura Vida (owned by Sacred Springs) in Yelapa, Mexico with the incredible Dr. Ann West, as well as spending an entire month here. I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to break away from the city life to experience such tranquility in paradise! Where to begin ~ Pura Vida is located right on the ocean with the jungle just behind you...To hear the ocean waves so consistently is incredibly soothing to the soul. The casitas (rooms) are gorgeous; each one unique and beautifully built. The staff here are welcoming and highly knowledgable in many healing modalities with a variety of offerings and services. The food is fresh, healthy and delicious! All prepared by a few local sweetheart sisters that never disappoint. Every meal has been comforting and uplifting! They recently added some brand new yoga equipment (as i just read the negative review mentioning weathered mats)...There is also lovely essential oil spray for the mats which i found a really sweet bonus after a nice yoga session. All in all it's been a pretty wonderful experience. I'm really looking forward to returning again in the future :)

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I spent a week at Pura Vida in Yelapa for a Personal Transformation Retreat. It was the best thing I have ever done in my life except for having my children. The rooms were beautiful and simple. It was surreal effectively sleeping in the jungle surrounded by nature.

The retreat was well thought out and structured. I learned so. Any things about myself and life in general. All was delivered with amazing insight and thought my Anjay and Chris. The whole experience was both magical and uplifting. The food was amazing and the staff were so friendly and thoughtful.

I plan on visiting again and have already convinced a friend to book.

I cannot recommend this beautiful place and experience enough

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank SMiller_Chester
Reviewed 20 September 2017

My most recent return trip was for the Holistic Breathwork healing and training retreat over two weeks in August 2017. Each time I go, there are detailed directions from the airport to the retreat so I know what to expect. I can definitely say that each day brought me deeper revelations and breakthroughs with all the healing I have done over the past few years. The daily support provided by Anjay and Ann helped me to move through emotional blocks and helped me to find the courage to express myself authentically and honestly. During the stay, the staff provided such great meals every day and always had water, tea, coffee, and often a new drink mix available in the kitchen. My room was clean, tidy, and comfortable. If I needed anything, especially over the extended stay, the staff was willing to provide for all my needs. I am so thankful for the life changing experience and the friendships I made.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 weeks at Pura Vida in August. I was a student in the Holistic Breathwork class. The transformation that I underwent is hard to explain but to say it was life changing is an understatement. This was absolutely the best gift I could ever give myself. The views are breathtaking and the staff is amazing. I can't say enough about Anjay and the warmth and kindness he brings to each guest. Veronica and Lapita serve up the best food I have ever eaten in my life. They spoiled me rotten and I can't wait to get back there. If you are looking for an amazing experience that will change your life, Pura Vida Wellness Retreat is an ideal destination.

Date of stay: August 2017