“A beautiful, soulful and profoundly moving retreat! So looking forward to returning!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middletown
Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Middletown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 November 2016

I recently returned from a seven day retreat in Yelapa and it was exactly what I needed! Pura Vida, the retreat center in Yelapa, is tranquil, beautiful and inspiring; gorgeous, thatched palapas, perched in the jungle, over looking the azure sea provide comfortable open air sleeping and relaxing. I adored the semi open private showers! Each palapa is beautifully decorated and there is an outdoor meditation area and wonderful common area. Tropical birds chat and frolick all around! . But, what made this place so special for me were the people! Anjay has so much to offer seekers and provides wonderful guidance and support. Imagine waking up to the sounds of the waves and birds and mediatating with gentle, lovely, like minded people who genuinely support each other with love. I was a bit hesitant that at 60 I might be one of the oldest and may not have been able to keep up but was delighted that there were people both older than me and younger. We all became very close in such a short amount of time and really enjoyed each other! My group also had the pleasure of learning from Dr. Ann West, an extremely experienced practitioner: Reiki, Holotrophic Breath Work, and pure oxygen therapy, in addition to many other modalities. Anjay and Ann were completely devoted to each of us: our experience and personal growth, as well as creating wonderful adventures and fun, working nonstop and late into the night to make our retreat as perfect as humanly possible for each of us. We snorkeled, hiked to wild, jungle waterfalls and took magnificent cold plunges, to name just a few adventures. I left with a very grateful heart and became in touch with my essence again, which is what I so desperately needed. I can not wait to return! I also love that Anjay purposely keeps his retreats small, so that everyone can intimately connect. Do this for yourself; you will not be disappointed! Xo

Room Tip: They are all lovely!
Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank _saragrahammaurer

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

I went to the retreat in Yalapa, Mexico and it was truly a life changing experience. Yalapa could not have been a more perfect setting to support the retreat. The indigenous culture and natural environment reminds you how simple things really are, and that all of the chaos of modern times is just distraction from what really matters. I was able to work thru some things that I needed to, and at the same time connect with myself on a level I didn't know was possible. Thank you Anjay for being such an amazing teacher who lives his life as a reflection of what he knows is true. You are an example for us all. This was one of the best decisions I've ever made and the rest of my life will be different because of it. Thank you

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank reneeripp_rn
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I decided that this summer was going to be the one where I let go of everything unnecessary and found myself again. I signed up for Sacred Springs excited to transform. It became way more than just simple transformation, it was life-changing.

From the first moment you meet Anjay you feel his solid presence, but after a session with him you find the compassion and security you need to truly let go of what does not serve you and raise yourself up to a new way of being and living. Combine that with unbelievably delicious food and a location that allows you to feel lost just enough to find yourself, and it is a winning and rewarding combination.

I am forever changed in the best way. And I will return again to keep myself forever walking the right path.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Travel4lifealwayz
Reviewed 12 July 2016

I just returned from a 3-day retreat (technically 48h on site) with a friend. I was looking for a place to reset, reflect and find peace as I am going through a major life crisis. I am already in the holistic field as yoga teacher and health coach, so I felt right at home. The retreat is located in the middle of the woods in Middletown, a short drive from SF/Bay area. There is no wifi to remove distractions and help you quiet down the chatter. The place is equipped with a pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and a yoga room where we did breath work and had meditation twice daily (8am and 6pm) and conscious dancing every morning. Our package included a daily one-to-one session (spiritual counseling one day, massage or reiki the other day). The last day, the owner Anjay took us on 2h hike in the woods where we did a meditation walk in a labyrinth. I was disappointed we did not get to go to the waterfalls... We ate some delicious vegan food (combo of raw/cooked) and drank fresh detox juice prepared by Anjay's family. I chose the Holistic Healing package at $1,000. I had my own room with a bathroom and mini-fridge near a river and could hear its soothing sound all night. So peaceful... Anjay is a true guiding light and equipped me with many valuable tools to continue on my journey. The staff is friendly but relaxed, so don't expect formalities and strict agendas and be explicit about your expectations. Also this is a meditation/spiritual retreat, not a yoga retreat. I was somehow expecting some western asana-based yoga, but there was none. The facilities are rustic and comfortable, don't expect state-of-the art or any luxurious spa-like vibe. As long as you know what to expect, you will be thrilled and enlightened by the overall experience. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alexandra L
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Anjay's retreats integrate all essential aspects of well being and inner self exploration resulting in an unforgettable and deep inner spiritual journey. I have joined him and his excellent team on 3 occasions, 2 times at the serene Sacred Springs location and the latest in Costa Rica where the experience featured access to a spiritual community, Pacha Mama, and beautiful beaches. I have tried retreats in Thailand, in Bali and destination spa's such as Rancho la Puerta and can say that Anjay's holistic approach is unique and well worth every moment!

Room Tip: All are simple rooms with basic amenities in the middle of the forest.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucinda R

Been to Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B? Share your experiences!