“Great B&B ot to far from Yosemite”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merced
Serenity Gardens Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Merced B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We recently spent two nights at Serenity Gardens B&B in Merced. We'd had trouble booking last minute lodging at Yosemite, and since this was just an hour away, we "settled" for it, figuring we'd just get an early start the next morning. Well, it turned out to be a treasure, for us and for our 10-year old son. We enjoyed the private jacuzzi bath, slept well and woke up to coffee and hot chocolate delivered at our door. An hour later, downstairs, we were served a beautiful breakfast of pancakes, fresh eggs gathered from the chickens that morning, frenchpressed hot coffee, fruit, yoghurt and more. Our son played with the friendly dogs, explored the garden and fed the chickens while we prepared for the day. We left most of our stuff in our room, spent a full day hiking in Yosemite, and, exhausted on the drive back, looked forward to our cozy room (and the jacuzzi!). Hosts Jackie and Jerry were charming; we enjoyed talking with them, but I also got the feeling we could have had more space if we'd wanted it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 September 2011

We stayed for two nights and everything was just wonderful. The B&b is located in a very nice/quiet/upscale neighborhood and the room was clean and spacious! The host, Jackie, was one of the nicest lady I've ever met. Breakfast was one of the best and we're super picky eaters. We're planning to come back and will recommend this place to all our friends!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

In brief, if you need to stay in Merced, this is a perfect spot. Excellent value for money, a professional landlord who understands the need to deliver excellent service, and food and comfort that you can expect from a four star hotel.

From the train station pick up service to the flexible breakfast schedule and drop off service, owner Jackie over delivers on her part of the bargain, and is excellent company should you wish to make conversation,

If you wake in the middle if the night you will hear the train passing through the town, hwoever all hotels In town are even nearer the train station. You need a ride out to the house, however the fee charged is half the regular taxi fare and you can count on Jackie,

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Recently, I decided staying at a B & B might be more comfortable and more like home while traveling to Merced for a friend's surprise birthday. My whole experience was more than what I could have expected. Jackie and Jerry are wonderfully warm and welcoming. Their home invited you in and you instantly now you will sleep well. The garden view from my room was breath-taking. As an gardener myself, I appreciated the care and keen eye for the details of the grounds. And breakfast, well you cannot get fresher eggs, perfectly cooked with all the fixings. They were just the kindest when I realized it was time for me to leave and find my way to the party I was not clear on the directions. Because they are well established in the community, Jackie and Jerry knew just how to direct me. Once at the party, I was telling some of the guests about Serenity Gardens and many people knew of Jackie and Jerry, fondly.

In short, Serenity Gardens will be a go-to locale whenever I travel to the area.

Thanks Jackie and Jerry.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We too had a great stay with Jackie (Jerry was away for a couple of days, sadly). All the good things you read in the other reviews are true. If only our schedule would have permitted another day or two, but we had a plan with little flexibility.

Don't think twice, call Jackie (and remember to ask to see the chickens).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family