All reviews large garden farm fresh eggs downstairs room just like home convenient location chickens jackie relaxation
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Recently, I decided staying at a B & B might be more comfortable and more like home while traveling to Merced for a friend's surprise birthday. My whole experience was more than what I could have expected. Jackie and Jerry are wonderfully warm and welcoming. Their home invited you in and you instantly now you will sleep well. The garden view from my room was breath-taking. As an gardener myself, I appreciated the care and keen eye for the details of the grounds. And breakfast, well you cannot get fresher eggs, perfectly cooked with all the fixings. They were just the kindest when I realized it was time for me to leave and find my way to the party I was not clear on the directions. Because they are well established in the community, Jackie and Jerry knew just how to direct me. Once at the party, I was telling some of the guests about Serenity Gardens and many people knew of Jackie and Jerry, fondly.

In short, Serenity Gardens will be a go-to locale whenever I travel to the area.

Thanks Jackie and Jerry.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We too had a great stay with Jackie (Jerry was away for a couple of days, sadly). All the good things you read in the other reviews are true. If only our schedule would have permitted another day or two, but we had a plan with little flexibility.

Don't think twice, call Jackie (and remember to ask to see the chickens).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Martyn1909
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Stayed here travelling from Laughlin Nevada to San Francisco. I chose it from excellent reviews on trip advisor and I was not disappointed!! The rooms were stunning, spotless and very comfortable. Jackie's gardens have to be explored! They are beautiful and a visit to the chicken house is a must. Jackie is a wonderful hostess and made us very welcome and we sat in her beautiful garden for breakfast which was great. My husband is a Harley Davidson fan and Gerry has a brilliant garage full of interesting things relating to Harley bikes and has built Jackie a fantastic 3 wheeler Harley. I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast and would love to go back again!

Room Tip: Ask for the room upstairs, you will not be disapponted!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mavis1948
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Jackie and Jerry are perfect hosts and made us feel right at home. It was wonderful to wake up to fresh fruit and omlets prepared with their own eggs. We are looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sstern1941
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My husband and I celebrate our 40th anniversary this year. We stayed twice with Jackie and Jerry. The grounds and ambiance are lovely - she has her own beautiful flock of chickens that produce speckled and even blue green shelled eggs! He is a motorcycle specialist with antiques and his own designed vehicles in process. Landscaping to die for. Jackie picked us up from the AMTRAK station and returned us for our trip jnto Yosemite and back to San Francisco. She also recommended great eating spots AND transported us to them, picking us up at a cellphone call to return and relax. Jackie's breakfasts are so delicious and healthy too -- fresh organic fruits and eggs star in this.

The hospitality, great food, good companionship we felt made us feel so at home. Merced and Serenity Gardens will live in our memories.

We stayed in the Alaska room which features a spa tub, which greatly eased my husband's complaining back (he is not a fan of long plane rides).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family