“Probabely the best dinner I had in Palo Alto”
Review of Flea Street Cafe

Flea Street Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Flea Street Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Avy Ave.
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice restaurant. The interiour is classy but in a modern way. The service was great and the dishes fantastic. I highly recommend this place.

2  Thank Simone B

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We used to go here over 30 years ago. It looked like Grandma's house with lace curtains and very creative food. Now it is sleek and modern-no different than any other "high end" place. Back then it was a stretch for the budget-but not outrageous. Reckon bay area folks have more loot than we do-but I never like overpaying for food-good or not. We got fried green tomatoes as an appetizer-it was good-but not great. (Great is "the Porch" in Sacramento). Hubby got ling cod-he said it was good-but didn't compare to the Petrole Sole we'd had a week earlier at The Fork in Petaluma-and $15 less! I got beef short ribs-very tender with a few gnocchi on plate-no capers to be seen as advertised. The biscuits were delightful as we'd remembered...but seriously $18 for a dozen? Insane. If folks in the bay are good with this-well goody for you-but good food (which this was- but not wonderful) doesn't need to be so overpriced.

2  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner. Each dish was expertly prepared with top quality ingredients. The tomato soup was amazing. The short rib was so tender it almost melted in your mouth. Interesting dishes and well put together. Seems like the kind of place where you could order anything and it would be fantastic. Excellent service as well. We would definitely return if we are in the area again.

2  Thank Danstraindepot
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This Jessie Cool owned Restaraunt has been around for almost 2 decades . Unfortunately not open for lunch.
Good wine list and a full bar. I had the hush puppies with green tomatoes and spiced yogurt followed by the Ricotta Gnocchi. The menu is small and changes based on what fresh ingredients they were able to procure. They have a small outside sitting area.

1  Thank Samosababa
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We visit Flea St. a few times a year and have always had superb experiences.

The menu is on the small side but always has wonderful options that change with the seasons. My children have always been able to find something they enjoy on the menu as well.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I frequently order the vegetarian main course, which is usually a sampler of four or five interesting and delicious vegetarian items. Other favorites include the smoked trout appetizer, the gnocchi appetizer, and the ribs. These items change over time but are usually available in some form. My favorite cocktail at Flea Street (and I am not alone in this) is the lavender lemon drop. And, finally, the biscuits served at the beginning of the meal are fantastic. These biscuits are so well loved that you can actually buy from the restaurant in frozen form to take home and bake.

The setting is understated, quiet, and relaxing, and the staff is consistently gracious in my experience.

1  Thank PamelaWright