“Great food and atmosphere ”

Menlo Grill Bistro and Bar
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Price range: USD 12 - USD 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sand Hill Road
Transit: Cal Train - Menlo Park.
Description: A classic American grill with a warm and inviting neighborhood feel. The relaxed setting offers casual, yet sophisticated, dining with a menu that highlights regional and seasonal ingredients. An extensive wine-by-the-glass and craft brew selection is also featured.Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacks.
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Worth waiting for! Since it was a spontaneous drop in without reservation we had to wait 30 minutes for a table. The food and the service more than compensated for that! My filémignon was cooked to perfection. The wine was well temperatured. Great dinner!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Had lunch with friends and cannot say enough about the service and food. First, the room is very nice and well appointed, and I hope to return for drinks on the outside patio. Food portions were filling and the chocolate dessert after was equally good.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Stanford Park property for over a week. I so wanted to enjoy this restaurant. The night we arrived we tried the food. My pepperoni pizza crust was covered with uncooked flour. Never tasted pizza so bad. I tried several other items as well: Eggs Benedict (average), burger (average), etc. the best thing on the menu that I ate was the Buffalo Cauliflower appetizer. The night before we departed, a Sunday, I ordered the Prime Rib. It tasted excellent, but at that meal, I had to ask for bread, au jus and horseradish sauce, while the table next to me had them without issue. I thought overall the food was below average and the service was terrible. The selections were very limited as well. I hope they fix the management and expand the menu. The restaurant is unfitting of this excellent hotel.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We all (3) had steaks at the Menlo Grill Bistro, and they were very tasty; service was great, salads and vegetables were fresh and just right. Nice wine menu, duh....
All in all, a nice place to have a quiet dinner and then just saunter off to the elevator and up to your room! Oh yes, we shared a mud pie; it disappeared instantly. And the capuccino was nicely made and presented. Thumbs up.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Recently I arranged for a group brunch to celebrate my husband's birthday. There were 11 of us in the private area at the back of the restaurant, with pleasant views outside. With a large group, the Grill has three prix fixe menus to choose from, all of which include three courses with a variety of interesting choices for each course. The staff was very accommodating with special glasses for champagne, and some quirky ordering. They also made a printed menu with a personalized heading that was a nice touch.
My only quibbles involve the fact that no coffee was included - it would have been a small cost to the restaurant, but a nice offering. Also, although the corkage fee SEEMS generous at two bottles per table, it strikes me that larger tables should have more latitude (i.e. 2 bottles per 4-5 people, or something like that). And finally - Caesar Salad with kale? Oh please - don't DO that!
Otherwise everything was great. Thank you Jenni for helping us arrange such a nice party!