“Nice Brunch in Refined Surroundings”

Menlo Grill Bistro and Bar
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Price range: USD 12 - USD 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sand Hill Road
Transit: Cal Train - Menlo Park.
Description: A classic American grill with a warm and inviting neighborhood feel. The relaxed setting offers casual, yet sophisticated, dining with a menu that highlights regional and seasonal ingredients. An extensive wine-by-the-glass and craft brew selection is also featured.Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacks.
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We went out for a spur-of-the-moment Brunch on a Sunday morning, without benefit of advance reservations and were lucky enough to find a nice table for two here. Excellent food and very attentive service from Arturo. Our window table looked out over the fountain court, offering up a relaxing view to punctuate our meal. The California Omelette was a big hit, with its filling of Dungeness Crab and other goodies. I started my meal with some of the most delicious French Onion Soup I've had in years! Prices were quite reasonable and a six-piece side order of Applewood Bacon was a real treat at only $4.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Located in the Stanford Park Hotel just North of Stanford University, this restaurant is a quiet gem.
The Sunday evening special is the Smoked Prime Rib... very well seasoned, good and tasty.... worth the drive up from the South Bay and reasonably priced.
We have always had attentive service....
Someday we will have to try other entree items on the menu, but have yet to get past the Sunday special Prime Rib.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Menlo Grill Bistro is the place to go for a special occasion or an important business dinner. The venue has class and oozes 'fine dining', with a warm and welcoming ambiance and decor. The menu is tempting throughout and the service was to a high standard. The 3 course meal I had here was excellent, with every course being of a very high quality and well presented. I started with Calamari ($11), followed that with a delicious and perfectly cooked Pork Chop ($25) and finished with a very nice slice of Cheesecake ($9). Prices are just right for that special occasion. I highly recommend Menlo Grill Bistro and would visit again without question.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Good plan for a lazy late lunch. The staff is very attentive. The menu is limited but most items are quite good.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My wife and I had some pleasant lunches and dinners at the Menlo Grill. But our last dinner there was a disaster. We sat outside in the attractive garden and waited for a long time before anyone came to take our drink orders. Then, ordering dinner and getting it served was an ordeal. At one point, not a single server took care of more than 30 diners. The food is satisfactory but it's hard to enjoy dinner when the staff is so unresponsive. Something has gone wrong here. I hope it gets fixed soon because the hotel is very appealing. Parking is so easy at the Stanford Park Hotel and the setting is comfortable. I'll give it another try in a few months.