“Excellent Lunch”

Menlo Grill Bistro and Bar
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Price range: USD 12 - USD 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sand Hill Road
Transit: Cal Train - Menlo Park.
Description: A classic American grill with a warm and inviting neighborhood feel. The relaxed setting offers casual, yet sophisticated, dining with a menu that highlights regional and seasonal ingredients. An extensive wine-by-the-glass and craft brew selection is also featured.Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacks.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The restaurant is part of an interesting old hotel. The service was very good and the waiter was helpful with recommendations. My husband and I both ordered different meals and both were very happy with our selections. The atmosphere was comfortable and most of the customers appeared to be business people.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and great outside garden. We liked the food, the atmosphere and garden. It's a good place to host business a business dinner close by Stanford.

James M, Manager at Menlo Grill Bistro and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Silke S,
I'm glad to hear you found both the atmosphere of our outside garden area and your meal so enjoyable! Thank you for sharing your review. We hope to see you again soon, whether it be for business or pleasure, we would love to welcome you back!

Appreciatively ,
Jim

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I've been here before on business and enjoyed it so much I brought my wife with me this time. The courtyard is so great with its twinkle lights, fire pits, and live music (relaxed atmosphere).

The service was excellent as usual and this time they had a guy making fantastic tacos which was the perfect appetizer. My wife got the special of the day (scallops) and she said they were the best she's had (high praise!), I really liked the mud pie dessert as well.

Hope to have the chance to return soon!

James M, Manager at Menlo Grill Bistro and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Hi Danstraindepot,
Many thanks for the great review! It sounds like you and your wife had a wonderful evening. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our courtyard atmosphere & music while dining. We hope you have a chance to return soon as well!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

A party of four was there for dinner. The Caesar salad was odd. The chef used iceberg lettuce rather than romaine. There was no evidence of garlic nor parmesan cheese. I would not order this again. The waitress represented that "First Round" - steamed clams, mussels & chorizo white wine, garlic, lemon, thyme, grilled toast" was adequate for a regular entree meal; it was not. No bowl was provided for the empty shells. The main entree of grilled california lamb rack spinach, brie & parmesan polenta, baby carrots,strawberry-balsamic jus was delicious.
The good news is that there is no corkage fee for the first two bottles of wine.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Menlo Grill is a bit of a hidden gem in Menlo Park. The food is fabulous most of the time, with short rib as one of our favorites. We love that they allow you to bring in outside wine and do not charge a corkage fee. On a few occasions the food was not quite up to normal, but we have not been able to figure out why (have asked which chef was running the kitchen that night or if there were large catered groups somewhere in the hotel, but there seems to be no correlation). I'd say go and enjoy as the pricing is also very good for the quality of food.