All reviews silicon valley palo alto stanford university walk in closet room service four seasons the santa cruz mountains nespresso machine main building pool service pool area beautiful property business and pleasure hotel guests rooms are spacious fitness center mini bar
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I had a complaint about this hotel following my last stay. The hotel and spa are wonderful but we have had difficulties with the Madera restaurant. This time the concierge group and staff took our concerns into consideration. Additionally, the hotel surprised me with a lovely delivery for my birthday and provided great arrangements for a great birthday dinner with my colleagues. Thank you!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Gabor V, Manager at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Alexandra B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Thank you for letting us know about the lapse in service you experienced at Madera. I have shared your feedback with the rest of our team, to take the appropriate measures on ways to improve. I am glad to hear the team ensured an enjoyable birthday experience. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Was pleasantly surprised by my room at the Rosewood Sand Hill. This hotel is 9 years old. The rooms are spacious. The bathroom is very large - tub and great separate shower. Bathroom was also spotless (thank you!). Best hotel room with a door to the outside world that I have had in 50 years of hotel stays.

Bed excellent. One of the few newer hotels to give you a real desk to work at, with a real lamp. i appreciated other sleep quality touches such as the dimmable lights and large Seiko alarm clock (old school style). Great sleep quality. Room service quite good -- with gluten free noodles (thank you again).

The grounds are magnificent. The only drawback is the highway noise when you are outside. The bar and central core areas are always hopping at night. Gym was great. Only 3 treadmills, but there was one free when I visited. Thank you for the ear buds, etc. Nice gym facilities. Overall, although this hotel is not cheap, it was a clear 5 star stay and head and shoulders above other Palo Alto/Silicon Valley hotels I have stayed at. Look forward to visiting again. About 4 minutes to the Stanford campus by the way (by car).

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Gabor V, Manager at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear FredTravelVA,

Thank you for your kind and candid feedback. I am glad to learn you enjoyed your stay for the most part, it was a pleasure to have you with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Sand Hill.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I was staying in Rosewood Sandhill hotel while attending one of the seminars in the Silicon Valley. Menlo Park is right at the edge of the world famous Silicon Valley, CA. Land cost is always at a premium, and this hotel sits on prime land with green lawns and trees. The hotel setting is spa/resort kind of setting, and rooms are of good nice, spacious, nicely furnished, quiet and service staff are great. I can see the Santa Cruz hills/range from my room. It has a nice size outdoor pool, with lots of lounge chaises. Gym is not busy, and equipment well maintained and clean. Front desk staff are efficient and considerate & helpful. The restaurant is the one that I like best. The ingredients that they use are fresh, almost like they just picked it from the garden. The spa is fine, because they look a bit tired, so need some refreshing of the furniture and décor. I want to book into their suites & villas next time when I come to the Silicon Valley. BTW, this is very close to Stanford University's Linear Accelerator Lab, and almost next door to the very spread out Stanford University.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Gabor V, Manager at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear Margaret L.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Sand Hill.

Kind regards,
Rosewood Sand Hill

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Rosewood for a few days. The hotel is a series of small buildings with four cottage style hotel rooms per building with traditional decor . The rooms have a sitting area divided by a partial wall with a separate bedroom. Ample space, walk in closets and large bathroom. I could have enjoyed a part day puttering around in the room and on our patio overlooking the surrounding hills....maybe on our next visit!

Our room was on the same level as the main hotel and had a great view, small patio fairly close to the main hotel, restaurant.

Service was above and beyond! Thoughtful personal touches were added by the service staff including glasses cleaning cloth at our bedside tables, plastic zip lock bag for toiletries for our travel home.

Beautiful pool, great bar (especially Thursday nights) and dining options! We will be back! Many thanks!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingJ2014
Gabor V, Manager at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear TravelingJ2014,

Thank you for your great review and kind feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Sand Hill.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I had a business meeting in Menlo at the Rosewood last week. I was excited to stay at a Rosewood for the first time after hearing good things about the brand and experience. The facilities including meeting rooms, dining areas, pool, and gym are beautiful. The location is excellent in the epicenter of the Sand Hill Road corridor. The staff was accommodating. The downside to this particular hotel is the buildout of the rooms. There are plenty of rooms that would seem to have gorgeous views overlooking the hills or the pool. My particular room was located on the first floor, had a view of the parking lot on one side and on the bathroom side had a high window that made the room feel like I was staying in a basement. It was also a 10-15 minute walk to the conference area and lobby including lots of steps. Not ideal for a conference set up if you need to get back to your room or for rolling suitcases. At those prices, I was disappointed. If you are staying here, make sure to request a decent view and opt for something closer to the main building.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Gabor V, Manager at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Jeffn545,

Thank you for your kind and candid feedback and for the opportunity to improve our services. Our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Sand Hill to better showcase our true level of service and overall value.

Would you kindly confirm the room number or the last name on the reservation from your visit? I would like to update your profile, now that I have learn more about your preferences, and ensure a seamless visit in the future.

Kind regards,