“Great B&B. Will go back.”

Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Brooklyn
“Great B&B. Will go back.”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Me and my wife basically stumbled upon Headlands Inn as we were looking for somewhere to stay during a one night stopover in Mendocino. I feel really lucky that we did and Denise, who runs the place is awesome. We got a room on the top floor with a super comfy bed in a clean room. The Inn overall is very quaint and very cosy. Breakfast, delivered to your door, was the big surprise. Like mentioned, we only stayed one night, but each morning has a different menu. We got a hot egg dish, fruit salad, homemade bread, coffee etc served on fancy china. A great ending to the stay.
I really wish we could've stayed another night or two.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Gardnerville, Nevada
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My oc husband and I have enjoyed 2 visits to this little piece of paradise and I have never seen my husband so relaxed, released from his obsessive drives, and so loving. Which I could rent a room at the Headlands Inn permenently and move us in! Views of the ocean and bay, victorian gardens, trees, passion vines crawling all over the roof top next door......every glimpse out of
very window a breathtaking treat. Close to a great restaurant, coffee house, bakery and yet open space around the Inn to make you feel open and surrounded by greenery. Denise and Mitch are such good hearted, respectful, helpful and creative people, they have made the inn what it is and they take such pride in what they have created - as they well should be. I wrote a review last October after our last visit but it never made it on this website - sorry Denise and Mitch. I am afraid to write anymore because everyone will flock to my "second home" and I won't be able to get a reservation EVER again! Oh, won't even go into how fantastic the breakfast is and they charming way it is brought right in to you!!! Love it and I am now all excited about going back for another birthday 4 days. Turning one year older is so easy at the Headlands Inn - with such loving care, my ageless goddess within is alive and well and ready to take on the challenges of another wonderful year of life living in the High Sierra Desert in Gardnerville, NV. Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.

Room Tip: Strauss Suite is just that - OH SO SWEET AND ROOMY !
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marie S
Salinas, California
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Breakfast delivered to your room each morning?
You bet, and not just a plate of eggs and toast on the side, but specially created recipes, served on different matching china each day!
Denise and Mitch fill this property with their special touch and love. Our room, the Bessie Strauss suite was incredible. When I made our reservations, they asked if there was anything special we needed to note. I told them that I have feather issues, so they removed all the feather bedding before our arrival. In addition, my husband has Type II Diabetes, so all of his breakfasts were prepared minus any syrup or sugar (and had a flag with his name on it so we would know whose was whose).

NO TV! My advice? Don't bring your laptop and watch anyway. Use the quiet - and it's very quiet at the Headlands - to read and snuggle with your honey. They have a beautiful English garden out front where you can sit in the sunshine (or shade) and just cruise through your day. It's in town, so you can either walk to the beach which leads into a forested area, or walk through town and visit the artisans shops.

There is also a common room on the second floor, where Denise and Mitch (or Kelly and Geoffrey) prepare trays for tea and freshly baked cookies beginning at 4PM. Homemade. When I woke from my mid-day nap, I could smell the cookies already.

Our room had a fireplace all ready to go, but it never got cold enough to light it up.

I'm an IT type and really enjoyed the comfort and quiet of the Headlands for a REAL change of pace. We will definitely be going back for our next anniversary - and Denise and Mitch - thanks for the bottle of wine! We waited to drink it when we got home and it was yummy!

Room Tip: If you have any special needs, please tell the Innkeepers when reserving your room or suite. They r...
2 Thank Denise D
Hico, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We recently spent 4 nights at the Headlands. Everything was pretty much perfection. The hosts, the room, the breakfast, evening tea & cookies, we couldn't find anything negative about the inn. We were in the downstairs room as you enter the house. I might pick the bedroom above us next time, for a better view. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. We just loved the town, everything within walking distance. I can't imagine there is a better place to stay if you are visiting the area.

1 Thank Kari H
Mill Valley
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We have stayed at the Headland Inn many times and have always had a wonderful experience. Denise and Mitch are the best. You cannot find better hosts anywhere. The rooms are unique, large but cozy and nicely decorated. You can walk everywhere right in town or take a short ride to the surrounding attractions. Its always nice to come home to the Headland's Inn to relax and just enjoy being in Mendocino.

Room Tip: All the rooms are worth staying in. Check out the photos on their website.
1 Thank ilovemusic123