Lowest prices for your stay
USD 601
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUSD 605
Expedia.comUSD 601
Hotels.comUSD 601
All reviews tennis courts the club lounge nespresso machine luxury hotel beautiful property room service pool area santa monica close to the airport love this hotel business trip los angeles valet parking plow cast marina lax
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 April 2021

I have to travel to LA for work frequently and I have stayed here a handful of times in the last 6 months. This is absolutely my favorite hotel in LA. Location is great - I really prefer the west side and MDR is clean and nice. Rooms are comfortable and quiet, the rooms I've stayed in don't have an adjoining door so that reduces a lot of the noise. Customer service is exactly what you would expect at a Ritz. I had a minor issue with wifi one of the times I stayed there and Asaf at the front desk was just fantastic, he immediately helped find a solution and worked to address the problem. Other than that, I work from my room and have had 0 issues with the wifi - can't say that about everywhere I have stayed in LA. The one thing I don't like is that there isn't a self-parking option during COVID, but I just park across the street in the public parking lot and haven't had any issues. It's only $6 for 24 hours. Overall, I highly recommend this property and will continue to choose this over other hotels when I am in LA.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2021

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton for three nights. The service (front desk, valet, restaurant, and housekeeping) was outstanding. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. They have strong COVID protocols while still providing a high level of service and comfort. The hotel has great views of the marina. The room rates are very reasonable for the level of service and quality of the property.

Room tip: Marina views are outstanding
Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

QUICKIE REVIEW
Good location.

PARKING
Valet only, $46 a night.

SERVICE
Staff was very courteous and seemed more than willing to help any chance they got.

ROOM
It was a bit of an oxymoron. Ritz-Carlton is known as a luxury hotel and in some ways, they hit the mark and in the same breath missed it. Bathroom was full marble with elegant faucet fixtures and mirror set but the shower and bath tub were as plain as can be. TV could be controlled by your cell from a QR code you scanned but they had wireless phones from the 90s that were dead and could not be used. I do have to credit for the bed though, it plush and welcoming.

PRICE
Way too much for what you are getting.

OTHER THOUGHTS
Location wise, it is in a good spot as you are right next to the highway and you are close to the airport. However, their asking base price for this hotel will get you a suite in another hotel (Marriott or otherwise), which you may feel is worth its price point.

1  Thank darkhorse2821
Asaf Walter, Guest Services / Front Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2021

Dear DarkHorse2821:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
I was sorry to hear your recent stay fall short of your expectations and on behalf of the ladies and gentlemen of the Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey, we would like to offer our sincere apologies. I shared your feedback about our phones, bath and shower with our executive team to compare with other luxury hotels in Los Angeles area to assure that we are priced correctly among our competition. Providing excellent genuine service is a huge part of our culture and I was happy to hear our team was able to take amazing care of you and your loved ones. We hope to have a chance to have you stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to Marina del Rey, do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance!

Warm regards,
Asaf Walter
Front Office Manager
The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
(310)823-1700
asaf.walter@ritzcarlton.com

Reviewed 1 April 2021 via mobile

During these unprecedented times and knowing how the hospitality industry was hit the hardest I am disappointed with the lack of customer service from
This hotel starting with the front
Desk staff and director of operations . Staying at this property in the past i didn’t realize hotel policy changed during COVID with respects to rates . Mr Kunal was short , curt and not accommodating at all given
that I was only booked for 1 night. There is a lot of competition out there and hotels that welcome guests as myself that travel 60% of the time .

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

We came for a long weekend to the Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey~ all covid-19 precautions in place for safety!

We travel with our 102 year old world war II veteran Dad and our stay was exceptional! Regards for his service were sincere and heartfelt.
The amenities were beautiful and the pool and view were out of this world! Tony the GM personally came to our room to ensure Sidney had everything he needed and we were satisfied. We probably slept a little too much because the beds were the most comfortable we've ever felt!

Heather the restaurant manager greeted us each night for dinner, the first night we sat outside with a view of the marina, a fireplace on the table and heat lamps for warmth... Our server each night was Samantha and we cannot say enough about her knowledge of food, menu and wine selection but mostly her personality... She spent so much time with us and really made our nights but most especially our dads. The chef has prepared a wonderful menu we highly recommend the asparagus soup and the scallops!
Whether you're visiting from afar or lucky enough to call Southern California home it's definitely worth a visit to the Ritz-Carlton Marina del Rey!

Date of stay: March 2021