“Our favorite sushi place”

Irori Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Irori Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 144 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Price range: USD 15 - USD 40
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mindanao Way
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Always, always fresh and delicious. Of course, you need to be comfortable with the mandatory shoe removal policy/tradition and the acrobatic seating arrangements... But the generous servings executed perfectly by the chefs. Good service and the daily special are always a good idea. We keep coming back!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Traditional - shoes off. Feet set into floor and sit on mats. Excellent Sake recommendation. I tried an uni slider - quail egg and uni (sea urchin) - down it went! I actually think I enjoyed the regular uni more. We also tried the Zen Roll (a chef's special) and it was delicious as well as a visual delight. Everything was good!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is excellent and every time I am in town I make a point to visit here. The rolls are just fenomenal, the fish preparation, the rice is sticky just right . I like everything here, the hamachi kama one of my favorites , together with the eel. Sake of course or tea
Coming back tomorrow for more

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

The rolls were amazing and made with some of the best quality ingredients I have seen. Irori Roll and Crispy rice with spiced tuna was our favorites. Yellowtail with jalapeño was excellent too.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This is a unique Japanese dining experience because you have to take your shoes off and you sit on the floor. I wasn’t wearing socks and I felt very uncomfortable walking around in there barefoot. I definitely didn’t want to use the bathroom barefoot. Unbeknownst to me, and unadvertised, were footie stockings to put on at the front where you leave your shoes. That should have been more visible, or the hostess should have said something. I’m surprised they even want barefoot people in a dining establishment. I would think that is a health code concern.

So the seating is interesting. It seems like you will be sitting on the floor, but really you are able to put your legs down into holes under the tables. So you still sit upright like you are in a chair, but your bottom is on the floor.

The food is very good. We got an assortment of sushi and Japanese entrees. The staff is abrupt and takes dishes away before you are even finish. Beware! I think they want to turn tables so they try to rush you out.

My adult son really liked it,and would return, but I would not choose to go there again. So mixed reviews, but overall a 4 for ambiance and good Japanese food.