All reviews tourist spot nice hotel upgraded to a suite yogurt quiet area typical breakfast eggs and sausage high prices short drive room was clean and comfortable make your own waffles pebble beach monterey carmel front desk staff stayed nights big sur we've stayed
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

The comfort in was fine for the single night we had stayed. It was clean and quiet, but missed the mark on other details. Our room looked like it was mid repair, patching of walls in bathroom yet to be painted. Window was really tough to slide open, and although not a big deal at all, pictures bolted to the wall not even close to straight, (more funny that anything). The breakfast was not very good at all, even for continental breakfast standards, we actually decided to forgo breakfast after a few tastes of things. Staff was fine. Yet, it was fine for what it was. A single night along the coastal drive. Price was right and convenient location just off the highway.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We stayed for one night in our way from San Francisco to LA. Location ok, clean, reasonable nice for a good price... paper ceilings. You could hear perfectly the walk of the person on the floor above yours. Every step loud and clear. It seemed it was about to fall over you any minute. The person who was there woke up at 5.30 am , and walked until 7 am. The four of us were awake and couldn't sleep again. The price ended being to expensive for 5 hours of sleep

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Paola M
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The walls are paper thin so you can hear the people talk in the next room. Did not experience that on last visit. The air conditioning was not working and they would not move us to another room as they indicated they were sold out however they could of moved us to another comfort inn hotel.

Room Tip: make sure the air works along with the toilets and shower.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We've stayed here two times, each time for a week, and we like this hotel, mostly. The room was clean and in pretty good condition. Most of the employees are very nice, although there is one at the front desk with quite an attitude! The breakfast is adequate, but the breakfast room is small for the number of people who eat there. Here's what bothers me. When you make a reservation, you can choose a regular room or a larger room. On their website, they call the larger room a suite, although it doesn't have any extra seating, beds, or rooms. Last year, I reserved a larger room and got quite a large room. We loved it! This time, I also reserved a larger room, and even though at the front desk, I made sure we were being given a larger room, the room we were given was quite a bit smaller. After looking at the floor plan for the hotel, I realized that they actually have three sizes of rooms. This year, we were given the medium sized room, even though we paid for the "larger room". I didn't complain, because I felt quite sure the less-than-friendly woman at the front desk wouldn't have moved us, and I realized that the largest rooms might be occupied anyway. We were super disappointed with our room, though, because we'd been traveling for several weeks and were looking forward to each having our own space like we had the year before. I think it would be great if this hotel would alter their information on choicehotels.com to show that they have three sizes of rooms. I would like to know exactly what I'm getting when I make a reservation, and since I booked our room quite a few months in advance, I probably should have gotten the largest size room, even though they were all given to others who showed up before I did. Otherwise, this is a nice hotel with adequate parking in a good location. It only takes ten minutes to get to Monterey, but the benefits of a nicer, newer, less expensive hotel certainly outweigh the short drive. Oh, it would be nice if they added another washer and dryer to the laundry room, because there is room to do that.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Nice hotel for the price. Very clean and quiet. Rooms were excellent, beds were comfortable. Tv viewing was OK just basic channels.. Quiet area of the seaboard. Is out of the busy area of Montertery. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple