All reviews continental breakfast free parking underneath family suite minute walk to the beach pool and hot tub hermosa beach manhattan uber
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Stayed here for two nights and it is the worst hotel experience I've had in the past 10 years. My lesson from this -- Don't stay at a hotel below a three star rating.

When we arrived, the place looked okay -- but the swimming pool was a colour of pea soup green. It was closed for repairs during our stay.

Our room looked decent, They had redone the flooring and updated the bathrooms, but it looked like they ran out of money for new furniture,

The horror was when my wife got into bed.She immediately felt there was sand and dirt in the bed. She jumped out and pulled back the covers to find that the sheets had not been changed from the previous guest.

When we called the front desk we had our room changed right away. The night clerk said that there would be some sort of compensation in the morning.

In the morning -- new staff and no compensation.

There is a kitchen off the lobby with a complimentary breakfast. The coffee was forgettable. The fresh fruit worked but the pastries were not exciting. We ate elsewhere.

Upon checkout, I was asked how my stay was. I looked at the clerk and said it was very disappointing. She was surprised. When I mentioned the pool -- she said that the pool repair people never returned to fix it when they said they would. Mid-July and the swimming pool is closed!

When I mentioned the room change it was all fresh news. Again I was told I would hear from the management about it. No one ever made an effort to contact me,

How can a place like this survive?

This is a tired hotel that is poorly managed. Stay away from this place.

Room tip: My tip -- Avoid staying here
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here one night and didn’t know what to expect. The room looked decent but there was a huge gap under door in which bugs could probably come in but didn’t see any thank goodness. Shower was decent but took a while for hot water to come on. Some strange guests were there during our stay and behind hotel area is an scary looking neighborhood. Didn’t wonder outside too much. Pool looked dirty and didn’t let kids swim in it. Overall an ok stay but will stay elsewhere next time.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank krystalsjewles
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Perfect for a quick getaway. The room was clean and renovated. Just missing a fridge in the room. Minute walk to everything (beach, restaurants, stores). I would recommend this hotel for it's convenience. The staff was nice. The breakfast was good. If i come back in this area, I would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank soajh
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Quite close to LAX airport. They have nice family roomd which can accommodate 6 people, with a separation between beds. It avoids LA traffic.

Near a busy road. Breakfast very poor. quite difficult to find / see hotel entry from the road.
I booked via booking (dot) com and was charged 100$ more than expected. Then also took a warrantee on credit card, still waiting for the refund after one month.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The Wave hotel was great we were celebrating a friend's 60th birthday they had very nice sweet right on Hermosa Beach over watching the National Collegiate volleyball tournament. That venue you was full by the time we confirmed our travels. So we chose a Place a bit further off the beach and more affordable.

Had a little continental breakfast, room was very large fairly quiet. The big surprise was they had a sauna right there in the hotel and available.
Great place great price if you don't have to be right on the beach.

Date of stay: May 2018