All reviews continental breakfast free parking underneath family suite minute walk to the beach pool and hot tub hermosa beach manhattan uber
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Value for money is very, very good, location excellent and never would have found El Gringos restaurant if I had not stayed here. Yep, the Mexican place directly across the road gives this place bonus points.
Close to LAX if you are transiting and looking for a cheap nights accom; id stay here agin for sure for that reason. Bed, towels and bathroom very clean. Free parking underneath in basement and what looked like an ok basic breakfast I didn't try it. Manhattan Beach and Bagel is next door.... Plenty of places to eat and shops close by to pick up some water for the fridge or snacks as this is basic motel accom.
Ok, downside = Water pressure not great and not warm one morning of the 4 I stayed. Floor wooden and gritty as big gap under the door. Aircon was a blast heater cooler thing on floor - you cannot sleep with it on. Was put here for work and asked for more coat hangers twice - nothing happened.... staff fairly uninterested but far from rude. Again you get what you pay for and perhaps I needed to buy the coat hangers down the road.

Room tip: Upper floor at back best
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Stopped for 2 nights,
Room has had a new bathroom and floor but the bed and bedside tables are old, no draws to store clothes etc, no fridge, pool was warm, hot tub was cold,
Spot to a man on reception in the evening and he could not answer any of my questions
Free parking
No pool towels
1 mile to the beach
Did feel hotel was over priced
Breakfast was ok but very basic

Room tip: Renovations going on so no lie in
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JnFluffy
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my daughter. The rooms are very basic. Blackout curtains do not close. There is a coffee machine in room a hairdryer and iron and ironing board. There is a small pool area.
Breakfast is included which includes cereal, small muffins bagels, and bananas and apples with a tea or coffee pot.
It's roughly a 20 minute walk to the beach

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We got the family suite from booking.com and it was such a deal! One huge room had two queen beds, the other a king bed. $566 for 3 nights for the entire suite. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I have traveled all over the world and have zero complaints about this hotel. 15 minute walk to the beach and main street in town. Very quiet hotel. Pool and hot tub were clean and they stayed open past 9 pm so we could enjoy the evening a little longer. Uber was a $6 ride from the beach back to the hotel. Free shuttle to the airport. Free parking!

Room tip: Get that family suite if you want lots of room at a great price!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We only stayed one night, which was one too many. The room was NOT ready, the cleaners did NOT speak English. The room had a red stain up the wall which was very unsightly. We were scared to sleep in the beds, as the place was so dirty. I asked the lady at the front desk if I should order a cab the night before as I was leaving at 4.30am. She said no, just come to the front desk 1/2 an hour prior, and they will order me a taxi. In the morning I rang the front desk for several minutes, but no-one answered. I walk down and had to loudly knock (they are supposedly open 24 hours) for at least ten minutes, before a gentleman woke from the behind the desk and opened the door. I asked him for a cab and he said cabs do not run at that time of the morning. He was still half asleep.I was NOW running late, and told him if I could use the front counter phone, to call a cab as yellow cab has a 24 hour service. He said he would try and was still sleepy and having a hard time finding the phone number. Finally after fumbling for what seemed an eternity, he called a cab, (maxi to fit a family of 5) who said they'd be ten minutes. 15 minutes later no cab and I asked to call the cab service myself. I did so, and no cab had been dispatched so I had to order 2 separate smaller cabs to accommodate the 5 of us, as there was not enough time to wait for a maxi cab to become available!!!

Date of stay: August 2017