All reviews continental breakfast free parking underneath minute walk to the beach family suite pool and hot tub hermosa beach uber manhattan
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We only stayed one night, which was one too many. The room was NOT ready, the cleaners did NOT speak English. The room had a red stain up the wall which was very unsightly. We were scared to sleep in the beds, as the place was so dirty. I asked the lady at the front desk if I should order a cab the night before as I was leaving at 4.30am. She said no, just come to the front desk 1/2 an hour prior, and they will order me a taxi. In the morning I rang the front desk for several minutes, but no-one answered. I walk down and had to loudly knock (they are supposedly open 24 hours) for at least ten minutes, before a gentleman woke from the behind the desk and opened the door. I asked him for a cab and he said cabs do not run at that time of the morning. He was still half asleep.I was NOW running late, and told him if I could use the front counter phone, to call a cab as yellow cab has a 24 hour service. He said he would try and was still sleepy and having a hard time finding the phone number. Finally after fumbling for what seemed an eternity, he called a cab, (maxi to fit a family of 5) who said they'd be ten minutes. 15 minutes later no cab and I asked to call the cab service myself. I did so, and no cab had been dispatched so I had to order 2 separate smaller cabs to accommodate the 5 of us, as there was not enough time to wait for a maxi cab to become available!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Teresa F
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Very big rooms with a lovely large shower. It is slightly weird having the shower and toilet in the bathroom but the sink actually in the room where the bed is! Maybe this is an American thing but I must say I've not come across this before (ever). There is a full size fridge in the room along with a table and 2 chairs and a desk and chair and yet ther is still plenty of room to move around. I would say this is more of a motel than a hotel though as quite basic. It does have a pool and hot but but I must admit I didn't fancy the look of the pool. The whole hotel appears a little tired and need of some tlc but for a couple of nights it is fine as a base. I certainly wouldn't want to stay any more than this. There is a continental breakfast where you can at least get a hot drink, juice, cereal, a bagel or piece of fruit so this at least helps start the day.

The best part for me was on check out the lovely young lady in reception introduced me to Lyft which is a competitor to Uber and I have certainly found th m unvaluable whilst in thand US.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

It was dreadful, rooms were OK but it was sad, dreary, unloved and run down. We were next to the laundry, hot, noisy. Reception staff were disinterested and lacklustre, breakfast was pathetic. Shuttle, forget it, the guy often doesn't turn up. Needs a shake up, smile ferrchrisakes!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I booked this hotel for 5 days and 4 nights. We arrived early around 10a.m. and they wouldn't let us check in early. The hotel we stayed was very disgusting. There was some bugs in the sink and bugs on the pillow. My son got bedbugs bite on the same day we arrived. My daughter got nose bleeding and I had a blood vessel pops which happened on the next day. It was so terrible that we asked to move to another room but the staff told us the rooms are fulled. So the staff gave us a "HONEYMOON ROOM" (room 220) instead with a king and a queen beds on the next day. But, the switch lights in the bathroom are not dimmed enough and we have to wait for 2 mins to get it bright. Also, the lights in the bathroom will go automatically off after 5-10 mins. It's kinda creepy. Inside the room it had a broken jacuzzi that we won't be able to use. And the lights were very dimmed. There wasn't any fridge in the room until we ask for one, the tv wasnt working and the wi-fii was terrible. The beds are not comfortable . We tried to use the pool but, it was dirty and the jacuzzi was empty. And the staff asked us to go to CRIMSON HOTEL (next door) to use their pool and jacuzzi instead. Also, the distance to the MANHATTAN BEACH was like 15-20 mins walk. There is Target from one block to the hotel. BASKINS ROBBINS, JACK IN THE BOX and O SHO SUSHI, THAI restaurants are across the street. And we were just 10-15 mins drive to the LAX airport. Besides, some of the rooms were still in renovations. Also, if you need help on anything, just ask the staff named CRYSTAL..she is very nice and friendly. Besides, the manager, Chris was not helpful at all. He was USELESS! . All he said, "I'm sorry to hear that but nothing I can do to help you"..That's to be honest here. I wouldn't recommend for anyone to stay in this hotel. After we got back home, we all got sick from this place. So disgusting and terrible service.

Room Tip: Room 123 had bugs and room 220 was very dark.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Worn looking building all areas, needs proper care, paint and maintenance, Disgusting looking pool and empty jacuzzi - take those off the list of amenities since unusable! Noisy refrigerator, desk drawer installed upside down and coffee maker rusty and unassembled! Construction workmanship needs more training as the light switch in the bathroom did not fully cover the wall cut out. the lighting in the rooms was very bright but not Dimmable anywhere especially over the beds. The beds were just just above bargain basement beds in that at least the springs did not poke into us and the pillows dont deserve to be called pillows perhaps a rolled up sweatshirt would be more comfortable.

idc about any hotel free wif bc I stay off of open public networks - much safer that way...just get an unlimited data plan.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family