All reviews full kitchen basketball court car dealership free breakfast fire pit living room the penthouse yogurt evening reception busy street sepulveda blvd the breakfast area pool and hot tub la area short drive santa monica happy hour
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights on a business trip. Hotel is clean. Staff is friendly and attentive. Free continental breakfast is probably the best I've ever had. Hotel also offers a free cocktail hour every evening, however I never had a chance to partake.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank 81OkieGirl
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very run down. The rooms are ugly, dirty and smelly. Although the description of the "penthouse" said two bedrooms, be aware that there is absolutely no privacy. So unless you are family I would suggest that you don't book this type of room. One room is on a second floor, but is open. No door, not even a full wall.
The outlets didn't work in the second floor and only one room was done by housekeeping. Overall, housekeeping didnt do a good job at all.
However, personnel at the front desk were so nice that I decided to stay for the rest of the trip instead of changing. The manager was very helpful. This is why I rate it 3, and not any lower.
Breakfast is good.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ana M
Jordan A, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Greetings Ana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While I love hearing comments about how great the Front Desk staff was, I am truly sorry to hear your stay in our penthouse was less than what was expected for your trip, and even more so that the housekeeping service fell short. If you don't mind, please send me the dates of your stay and room number or last name at Jordan.Austin@EvolutionHospitality.com so our Executive Housekeeper and I may use this as a training opportunity for the housekeeping team.

Thank you again for your feedback. I truly do hope that the next time you are in the Manhattan Beach area, you will give us another chance, so that you may see this truly is not the normal expectation from our great team here at the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach.

Jordan.Austin@EvolutionHospitality.com

Reviewed 20 September 2016

As I sit here writing this, being woken up at 5:45 am because I can hear every single footstep of the people above me, this Residence Inn location went from a solid 4 down to the 2. It is bloody awful and I am glad I am checking out today. It's a shame since I travel to this area frequently for work and I like staying at Residence Inns. The room is what I expect out of a Residence Inn (stayed in a studio) although with a firm bed. The staff was welcoming and friendly. The location is perfect for Manahattan Beach and convenient to El Segundo if working in that area. Those saved it from being a 1.

Would I stay here again? Since they can't guarantee a second floor, not unless I can't find another room in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor, you will hear the people above you walking!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Noles_Chic
Jordan A, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Thank you for the detailed review on how we can improve our guests stays. I am the new General Manager at this location and feedback like yours is critical to the continued satisfaction and improvements at the property. I am glad to hear our team was so great! I am so sorry that you were unable to enjoy your stay due to the noise. I can only imagine how unwelcomed that must have been at 5:45am!
While I understand your hesitation to return, please let me know if you plan to be in the area again and I will work to see if we can book and guarantee you a top-floor room so you can truly enjoy your experience here. I am taking your comments regarding the sound level and will work to identify solutions so we can reduce this in the future and I thank you for your candid feedback to help us improve.
I can be reached at Jordan.austin@evolutionhospitality.com.

Thank you.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We live in Manhattan Beach and we have been staying here for over a month until our house is finished. I would highly recommend this Residence Inn to anyone. Staff is so friendly, rooms are updated or in process of being updated and spacious! Mon-Wed they have happy hour, free beer/wine and food. Great location, walking distance to the Manhattan Pier and Hermosa and couple miles from airport, shopping and great restaurants in area. So convenient to have breakfast every morning and coffee all day long. Gym is small but good. Everyone here is very nice, again, not sure about negative reviews, but I really like it here

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank D S

Thanks so much for the great review Diane! The team here at the hotel works hard to ensure that every guest is welcomed with a warm smile and receives the best service, whether they're here for one night or one month, and I am glad to hear we've been able to provide that for you and your family for the past few weeks. Thank you for choosing to spend your home remodel with us!

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Family of 5 staying in one of the apartments for 4 days better than expected with the facilities and amenities

Comfortable stay a little far out of LA and audible noise from the interstate but otherwise would recommend
Buffett breakfast as a bonus also

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank SjJMells

Thanks for the great review! We understand that traveling with family can take a ton of coordination and planning, so I am happy the team at the hotel was able to take care of so much of the "other stuff" so you could enjoy your vacation!

We hope to see you the next time you're in Manhattan Beach.