All reviews beautiful property the concierge lounge hole golf course round table front desk hotel is newly renovated shuffleboard table location is lovely shuffle board large gathering office building nice lobby bar city view golf view round of golf breakfast buffet is exercise room
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We come down to the LA area often and stay all over, from downtown, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Santa Monica, LAX, or down in El Segundo. This trip, we decided to stay in Manhattan Beach since this hotel was just reopened as an Autograph Collection hotel, and it was reasonably priced.

Upon check in, the front desk was not very friendly, but we got checked in very quickly. For the second time on this trip, I had to inquire if I needed a breakfast cert, and was very coldly told that "our name would be on a list if we got something". Ok. Sure. Had a nice room on the top floor with a view of the city? Not as nice as the golf course views, but I don't spend much time looking out the window anyways.

The room was great. It was relatively spacious and appointed with modern furniture and colors. Rather than having a desk, it had a single round table against a sofa-like bench. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was small, but clean.

The property is really nice. Situated next to a golf course, it's pool and convention areas all look out to the course. There is only one restaurant that feels like it's part of the lobby, along with a bar, and seating areas with a foosball and shuffleboard table.

Breakfast consisted of a continental buffet, which was not bad, but wasn't worth the price that they were charging for it. The pool is heated and has a good number of chairs and "cabanas" next to it for the size.

Overall, I liked this hotel, but there are a few things to note about our stay. The walls are VERY thing. We heard an argument in the connecting room, and people in the hallways talking all night. Speaking of which - most of the people at night in the hallways seemed to be drunk. Going to the lobby at night always had a lot of younger people, and it was always loud and sounded like people were having a good time. Also, there are a lot of dogs. Perhaps it was just this trip we went down, but there dogs of all sizes seen throughout the hotel, and heard barking during the night, morning, and whenever any of the drunk people talking loudly in the hall walked by. On the plus side, I wasn't kept up all night by the vibrations of a service elevator as I had been at the JW Marriott in Santa Monica so I slept better once I fell asleep.

All in all, I would stay here again. Perhaps there was just a particularly obnoxious group staying in the hotel when we were there, but I enjoyed the property, my son like the pool and my wife liked the breakfast. Win, win win.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Derek C
TeamMarriott, General Manager at westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Derek C,

Thanks for being our guest at westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection. We are glad you liked your comfortable room and also enjoyed the facilities we offer. Our front desk is available to resolve issues, so we are sorry we were not aware of the noise problem, as we would have been happy to address this issue if you had alerted us. We hope the positive aspects of your stay will encourage you to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We like the Marriott Autograph Collection Hotels and this superbly refurbished property did not disappoint. The large Lobby is a feature with a resort-style decor and is a lovely space to relax and have coffee or drinks. We upgraded our room to include a view over the golf course but on the level we were on (3) the view was somewhat obscured by the roof of the floor below. As we spent little time in the room that was not really an issue and we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is close to good shopping centres like Manhattan Beach Mall (currently also being refurbished, but it remains open) and stylish The Point. The staff were accommodating and friendly and service was good.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear fourevans,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest at westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection. We are glad you loved our newly remodeled property and also appreciated the great service provided by our associates. Thank you for your review, and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you both back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are road warriors, and with almost 900 nights with Marriott we have seen our share of rooms and hotels. While we don’t leave reviews often, this stay definitely earned one.
What stood out about our experience here?Honestly it was the service.
The morning of our stay I called the property to let them know it was our anniversary, and Michelle treated me like royalty.
She and her team even went so far as to do a walk through of the room, and texted me the video, just to be sure I would be happy with the room we selected.
When we arrived in our beautiful suite, we were greeted with a thoughtful hand written note from her along with a plate of chocolate strawberries.

I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels over the years, and while yes this is a great property, what I found to be invaluable was the service.

Thanks for a great stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Jason P,

Thank you for choosing westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection for your anniversary. We are glad you had an enjoyable time with us and that our friendly associates made it a memorable one. Thanks again for being our loyal guest, and we would love to welcome you and your wife back soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2018

The place was clean, cool and customer service was outstanding. The front desk was helpful for checking in and making us feel more than welcomed. They gave us tips around the area. The Westdrift rooms were clean and fresh. There is a lot of well designed room in the lobby to feel like you have the place to yourself. All the staff were pleasant and greeting me with a smile! Great location from the beach. Lot's of near by restaurants and grocery stores. Bartenders & Baristas were well versed in their craft. Yum! I will come back with my family and will tell all my friends to stay there!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, General Manager at westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Jaqueline J,

Thank you for choosing westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection. We are glad our unique approach to decorative details added to the enjoyment of your visit. We take great pride in providing outstanding service combined with the exquisite room, and we appreciate you mentioning how much you enjoyed our modern coastal accommodations with premium amenities. Thanks for the recommendation, and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent service! Good food, professional staff; Reina keep our room very clean, Michael excellent barista his coffee every morning was the best for kickoff the day! Maggie very nice, Yaya (Yajaira) also is wonderful! Nice hotel

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear camachoalex,

Thank you for being our guest at westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection. We are charmed to know you had an excellent stay and that our team left a great impression. Thanks for acknowledging Reina, Michael, Maggie, and Yaya for the exceptional service they provided. We can’t wait to share your compliments with them. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as our guest again.