“Omg!! Yums!!!”
Review of Dukes Malibu

Dukes Malibu
Reserve with OpenTable
Dukes Malibu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: USD 20 - USD 35
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Cross street: Las Flores Canyon
Transit: MTA has a bus stop 100 yards down PCH
Description: Duke's Malibu has brought the excitement of Hawaii, Waikiki, and surfing to the mainland. The spectacular oceanfront location on Pacific Coast Highway offers over 300 feet of romantic oceanfront dining and memorabilia from both Hawaii and California surfing history. The Barefoot Bar, looking south into the lights of Santa Monica, is a great spot for drinks and casual food with friends.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I sat on the bar patio. It was cooler out, but they had heaters in the huts so we were plenty warm. We were delighted by a great dolphin show, as well as a sea lion and sea gulls.
In addition, the food was phenomenal! We orders the fish tacos blackened with house made chips, and the fish and chips with fries to share. It was all so good!! I highly recommend this place. The chips had a yummy seasoning that was wonderful all on its on, but still came with a yummy salsa. The fish tacos were spicy and oh so good! The fish and chips perfect and the fries a nice compliment. I cannot say enough. My husband and I could not stop talking about how good it all was. If we had not been so full, we would have tried the yummy dessert. Do yourself a favor and give them a try.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The Barefoot Bar side is seat yourself. Got there around 5:30 no issues with finding a table. The food was very tasty.
Service was good.
I can’t wait to go back and try something else.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My family went to enjoy a good meal at Dukes. We've eaten there a number of times. Tonight just was not up to expectations. Two people had the prime rib and one wanted it medium. It had to be sent back twice and still was mooing. In fairness, they removed it from the bill. However, My potatoes and asparagus were cold when my plate arrived at the table. My sister enjoyed her swordfish, so that was a win. I just didn't think this evening was up to what it has been in the past. Chalk it up to being busy on a holiday maybe? The view is always wonderful and it was a treat to watch the dolphin swim by...

Reviewed 31 March 2018

A relaxed, sociable venue overlooking the Pacific. Service was very quick despite every table being taken! (And people queueing!). Food was fine. We chose fish and chips which was tasty but not high cuisine. Price was reasonable. This felt like a good place to meet friends for a relaxed and informal meal but didn’t strike as a romantic venue (though we were there at lunch time and it may have a different feel in the evening.)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a reasonably priced, family oriented, oceanside restaurant and we found all that and more in Duke's. It has a great chill vibe. There isn't a bad table in the restaurant as all have an ocean view but we got lucky and got a table by the window. Our waiter Brian came to the table and couldn't have been more friendly. He talked to us for a while, answering all our tourist questions. He even helped our 10 yr old son finish the scavenger hunt on the kids menu so he could win a prize. Then came the food. All of It was delicious, but I highly recommend the chicken nachos and the chicken quesadillas. They were incredible. This was our favorite restaurant to visit during our week long trip. It does NOT disappoint.

Been to Dukes Malibu? Share your experiences!