“Come Hungry!”

Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Cross street: Paradise Cove Rd.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I don't need to mention the great location, ocean views, Malibu weather, LA beach vibe, great service, quaint setting, old school photos on the walls!!!
The portions are huge - we had an eating contest and everyone won! My my platter of French Fires came I almost fell over! I think I used a bottle of ketchup...
Food is American 1950s but well done. I was polishing off a lot of draft beers that evening! Nice!
When you eat here get your parking ticket validated - otherwise pay $35. Pay at the machine as you leave and put your receipt stub in the exit gate - a simple way to do this.
Enjoy the priceless moments here

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The location alone warrants a good review! The views and beach are beautiful.
The portions are absolutely gigantic and are easily shareable. The staff were extremely friendly and were able to offer recommendations since it was our first visit. This would be a fantastic cafe for all. Kids and groups of adults would love it. The cocktails were particularly tasty and the choice was extensive.
Please note: you have to pay for parking.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The food is very American, which is fine but not very exciting. Huge portions! Best is to sit outside in the sand and enjoy drinks and food and company while the kids play next to you!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I first ate at Paradise Cove in 1985 and have to say it has not changed since that time. The site here was used to film some beach blanket movies in the 60's and one still definitely gets that vibe which is all the more charming. With that said, it is a definite tourist attraction but is so fun I return time and time again whenever I visit the south bay. When flying to LA I usually take a very early morning flight and arrive around 10 AM or so. We grab the rental car and head right to Malibu. It is our tradition to have the first meal in town at Paradise Cove. Being such a festive and fun place it always sets just the right mood to start a stay in LA. It is also one of the few restaurants on the coast with an actual ocean view.

So visiting the Cove is not always easy. I try to go on off hours and on weekdays as the parking lot can be exceedingly crazy and difficult. I can not imagine what the wait for a table is on a Friday night. At low peak times one can drive down through the gate and park in the lot right in front of the restaurant otherwise parking is up a big hill about a 5 - 10 minute walk away. There is a shuttle if you care to wait. Parking is validated but if you stay more than 4 hours I believe the charge goes to immediately to $35, so beware of when you arrive. You might think how can I spend 4 hours at a restaurant but time has a way of slipping by at the Cove. Especially if you retire to one of the chairs on the beach behind the restaurant and have a couple more cocktails after your meal while gazing at the ocean. Also, you could spend an hour just looking at all the old photos on the walls.

The menu is pretty basic American with some sea food and Mexican dishes thrown in. I had a burger last time and I have to say it was quite good. The portions are large so order accordingly. Prices are pretty high for this kind of fare but realize you are getting the full package of great atmosphere, solid food, and a view of the ocean. The cocktails are excellent and can be addictive. This place represents a piece of old Los Angeles of which less and less remains. I hope to be able to visit again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is a wonderful beach in a cove with lovely sand and lots of rock pools at low tide. Very peaceful on a March weekday. The cafe is also beautifully situated fronting onto the beach. Food was good, although ridiculously large portions of fries, but the service could have been more attentive. This was our second visit and we shall return.

Been to Paradise Cove Beach Cafe? Share your experiences!