“GREAT Seafood, Can't Beat The View!”

Malibu Seafood Fresh Fish Market and Patio Cafe
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband and I were there a few months back on a very windy, chilly evening. We didn't know what to expect since we were from out of town, but we'd heard the food was good.
First, there's no indoor seating, so if it's cold out, dress warm!
It's a very tiny place with a fresh seafood market on one side where you enter and then a counter with a menu where you can order your food.
Since it was cold out, I ordered a cup of chowder and some fish and chips. My hubby also ordered the fish and chips. We went outside and found seats, it was empty that night probably due to the weather. We started out sitting on the lower deck to have that great view of the ocean but it was too chilly and windy so we walked up to the upper deck where it's semi-enclosed. BTW, if you're disabled or have a bad back, this probably isn't the best place for you. There really is no handicapped access for a wheelchair (I sometimes use one so I always take note of things like this). After what seemed like a long time, we finally got our food. The clam chowder was good, but it was a little too spicy for me. I can't eat spicy and didn't expect the clam chowder to be, so I didn't eat much of it. The fish & chips, however, was the best fish & chips I've ever eaten. The fish was fresh and perfectly cooked, golden brown and crunchy on the outside and tender and flaky on the inside. It was AWESOME! I was so engrossed in the fish that the chips kind of went by the wayside, but I did eat a few and they were good too!
Oh, as for table service, there is none. They give you a pager and when your food is ready you go inside to get it and bring it outside.
We look forward to going back to Malibu someday and when we do we'l definitely be revisiting Malibu Seafood Fresh Fish Market!

4  Thank Ivy S M

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

If you like fresh seafood, large portions and watching whales breach, this is the spot for you! I went last night for a quick bite after hiking Corral Canyon and was pleasantly surprised by this find that I stumbled upon. Not a fancy place by any means, customers order inside then take their food to one of the various seating areas outside to enjoy watching the waves crash in the background. Whales just so happened to be breaching while I enjoyed my fresh Red Snapper. Wonderful experience!

1  Thank quebonitaesestavida
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I've been going to Malibu Seafood for more years than I remember. It's laid back with all outdoor picnic-style seating on three levels. It's on Pacific Coast Highway right across from the ocean--the views are amazing. And so is the food.

I've ordered many menu items over the years. My hands down favorite is their fish and chips. You can order one, two, or three pieces. That deep fried cod is a monolith, so if you're hungry and you think you could eat three, aim for two and I assure you it will satisfy.

Now, here's the down side....too many people love this place and too many like me have reviewed Malibu Seafood so locals and tourists abound in the summer months. The line is frequently out the door. I enjoy off-season for fewer people but I cannot stay away. Parking is in short supply too so if you go for lunch, aim for 11 or 11:30.

Don't miss this place if you're in Malibu!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat! Tons of choices. Love the ice cream sandwiches. Great cocktail sauce. Great find on PCH

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Great food and view at this seafood shack! Plenty of fresh seafood options, a chicken sandwich for those that don’t do seafood (?!) and a vegan burger for my son which was a nice surprise. Would highly recommend!