“View is above average”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Cross street: Cross Creek Rd.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Better than average restaurant, in terms of the VIEW. You can't beat that view. Also, the food tastes fresh and seems wholesome and well-sourced. But the customer service really, really lacked! My husband and I went for lunch. The two pretty girls at the hostess stand were sweet, and sat us quickly at a table. But we sat at a table for slightly over fifteen (15) minutes without a server even coming in our direction. We literally timed it. Yep, not even water on the table. Did I mention it was my husband's birthday? I was mortified. Then, a particular bored, "so over it" young man took our order for beverages, then disappeared for ANOTHER 15 minutes before returning with them. Did I mention that the restaurant was mostly empty at the time?

We would have left except we were staying at the hotel, and had just driven hours to get there.

We waited close to an hour (by my husband's watch) before we ate a single bite of food, even our appetizers. I was pleased with the oysters I ordered. They were served in a beautiful presentation over rock salt. The rest of the food was wholesome, but not especially flavorful or well-executed. My husband's burger was a bit charred on the outside, and raw on the inside. Other dishes we ordered (it was his birthday, after all) were spot on, like the gourmet tacos.

But it was not fun. No one smiled. No one, (not even the girls at the hostess stand), congratulated my husband on his birthday. If it weren't for the ocean, so close you feel it was a dining companion, it would have been a total bust. Oh, and the lunch cost a car payment. Which we don't mind if it's super; not as much when it was average overall.

I think if you are at the hotel, you might try it. I would not go out of my way for it, though.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

You don’t have to hurry and book the other busy and recognized by name. This is a solid and reliable place to simply call a head or just show up.
One of the rare locations that seat you right on the ocean shore overlooking the famous Malibu pier.

Breakfast, lunch or dinner the food is exquisite and well presented.

We love this place and you must try it at all times of day.

Take a walk on the beach before or after your meal, it will cleanse your soul.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Can't recommend this place enough. One of the nicest settings for a meal I have ever experienced. Food and service was fantastic. Will be coming back in the future for sure!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Nothing beats sitting looking at The Ocean, whilst enjoying excellent food and cocktails in the sunshine.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Our server was amazing and let’s not skip mentioning Erin Reynolds, General Manager. Erin booked our reservation when we phoned and was so warm, inviting, and energetic about our visit. Her genuine warmth was also palpable when we arrived and she was creating this at home atmosphere with all guests. Just impeccable. - M&C