“La Esquina: Small, local Mexican food”
Review of La Esquina

La Esquina
Ranked #107 of 170 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Nice owners, always with a smile. It is close to home and is becoming a go-to for me. The food has really improved over the past year and I'm going there more frequently as a result. Outdoor seating is nice, although the street can sometimes be a little busy.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I love this little authentic family-friendly Mexican restaurant. The hostess-owner (I think) is charming. This is casual dining that even has games for the kids. My only complaint is the restaurant hours/days which I still haven't been able to figure out.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

The food here is authentic, delicious, and abundant. Service is personal, warm, and friendly. Very family-friendly and yet not noisy. I've been back several times since my first visit and always with a good experience. Note they aren't open on Sundays.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

My friend and I were struck in traffic and I saw this little Mexican place that I've never tried before, so we decided to stop and give it a try. We both had a chicken burrito and thought it was very tasty. The waitress was very sweet and she had a great personality. The inside was decorated very nice and very authentic. I really enjoyed sitting out front in the little patio area. I'm looking forward to returning soon and trying something new on the menu. Enjoy!

Reviewed 30 July 2015

Weary from my long travels, I was delighted to see this place. I was also pleased to see menudo on the menu and for roughly $7 a bowl. I ordered this and a glass of horchata. When the bowl arrived it was neither small nor big but much smaller than I am accustomed to in a restaurant. The worst was that the bowl was consumed by a large pata with only a small portion of tiny pieces of tripe. I tried to eat the mostly inedible pata only because I was so hungry but did not have much success.

When I went up to pay the cashier, I was told my total was over $15 (I expected it to be around $10). I let the waitress/cashier know that the menu showed the menudo was only around $7. She told me that it costed more than the other soups because it takes longer to make it (despite what was printed in the menu). Unfortunately, I left disappointed and still hungry.