“"Enjoyed my lunch here"”
Review of La Esquina

La Esquina
Ranked #108 of 170 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Reviewed 31 July 2016

My friend and I were struck in traffic and I saw this little Mexican place that I've never tried before, so we decided to stop and give it a try. We both had a chicken burrito and thought it was very tasty. The waitress was very sweet and she had a great personality. The inside was decorated very nice and very authentic. I really enjoyed sitting out front in the little patio area. I'm looking forward to returning soon and trying something new on the menu. Enjoy!

Reviewed 30 July 2015

Weary from my long travels, I was delighted to see this place. I was also pleased to see menudo on the menu and for roughly $7 a bowl. I ordered this and a glass of horchata. When the bowl arrived it was neither small nor big but much smaller than I am accustomed to in a restaurant. The worst was that the bowl was consumed by a large pata with only a small portion of tiny pieces of tripe. I tried to eat the mostly inedible pata only because I was so hungry but did not have much success.

When I went up to pay the cashier, I was told my total was over $15 (I expected it to be around $10). I let the waitress/cashier know that the menu showed the menudo was only around $7. She told me that it costed more than the other soups because it takes longer to make it (despite what was printed in the menu). Unfortunately, I left disappointed and still hungry.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

This place was dirty and the food was pretty disgusting. The waitress was very nice, but we sat there with all the other tables empty but covered with dirty dishes and watched them microwave some old food. I am just super grateful we didn't all get food poisoning.

Reviewed 13 December 2014 via mobile

Ok so single guy with GF in town and walked by this place
And was hungry for lunch ....

The place looks very nice and clean and the service is good

Again ...that's were it ends .

I ordered steak tacos and the meat was like ground up hamburger . The taste was bland . I saw the cook pull out this big plastic bucket and dump meat on a grill .....thought about sending it back right then and probably should have

My GF had been a cheese burrito with like no cheese . She stopped eating it after 2 bites and we paid and left

Pass this place up .....

1  Thank Ammo68
Reviewed 26 October 2014

This small restaurant on North Santa Cruz is removed from the busy downtown hub and has relatively easy parking on the street. The food and service was very good. The restaurant is friendly and informal, with children and adults mixing easily.
The serving of Hueves Rancheros was good and ample for most appetites. The refried beans were also very good.
The most important aspect of eating brunch there was the waitress that greeted me and served me. She was so upbeat, friendly, smiling that it got my day going right. She did a great job of following up to make sure everything was satisfactory.