“the most interesting tapas and delicious drinks ive ever had”

The Bazaar by Jose Andres
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bazaar by Jose Andres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 11,727 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: USD 50 - USD 100
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: San Vicente Blvd.
Description: Deemed "Four Stars" from the Los Angeles Time, finalist for the James Beard Awards' "Best New Restaurant," named Esquire Magazine's "Restaurant of the Year" and Zagat's "Top Newcomer," The Bazaar by José Andrés is a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful lounge spaces where dining transcends into fete extraordinaire. Experience a collection of magical dining experiences, entwined in a modern-day, European-inspired "indoor piazza" -- savor pioneering culinary creations, delicacies from roving carts and delicious libations by James Beard Award-Winning Chef José Andrés. The Bazaar also boasts a Wine Spectator 'Award of Excellence' winning wine list featuring extensive selections from Spain and California as well as all the classic wine regions of the old world and new. Visit our website to learn more about our ongoing programming, including Cigar Night on Blanca Terrace (every 3rd Wednesday of the month) and decadent wine pairing dinners.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything about this restaurant is unique and amazing, from the decor to the staff, and most importantly the food. Expensive, but absolutely worth every penny.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had been to Bazaar Beverly Hills before and had a fabulous dinner. On a recent trip to LA with friends to take my daughter to the Jack White concert we booked dinner again at Bazaar. There were six of us. The dinner started well enough with cocktails before seating while waiting for our party to be complete. Once we move to the table, we ordered a $270 bottle of wine and a lot of food including three orders of Foie Gras. The kitchen stages the food, and contrary to pretty standard practice, the Foie Gras was served dead last. Midway through dinner, we attempted to order another bottle of wine. We asked for the wine list. It is quite extensive. We never got the wine list, despite asking for it three times. In fact, after taking our order, we never saw our waiter again. There were runners and bus people, but no waiter. I managed to get someone to bring me a glass of wine. But, by that point, it was so late in the dinner that nobody else wanted wine. Bazaar has an intriguing practice of reseating you in a different dining room for desert. This can be very nice when things go well. We asked to be resat for desert, and my daughter, who worked in the restaurant business for years went to talk with the General Manager. She returned to the table furious and said that the GM was the rudest, most arrogant man she had ever dealt with and that at some point in the middle of her explanation, he simply turned and walked away. I was blown away by her story and went to speak with him while the others tried to order desert. I was trying hard to avoid letting the service impact our gathering. Upon speaking to the manager, I too found him to be totally unprofessional. And when I told him that I expected better service from a $1000+ dinner, he did not even respond. I asked to speak with the GM of the hotel, and he claimed that he was unavailable. Frustrated, I returned to the table to find that they STILL had not ordered desert as there was no service whatsoever. We managed to get desert after an hour, and only managed to get the check by insisting to see the manager again. He had the nerve to bring the check with 18% gratuity added. He removed it when I told him that he must have lost his mind. I have never before stiffed a waiter or written a bad review, but this was truly one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had, and it should have been outstanding.

1  Thank TIMOTHY P
Reviewed 12 September 2018

we just went for drinks and had a great time. its a mix of modern alice in wonderland art gallery fancy interior and bar with great vibe on weekends in Beverly Hills. They have some unique cocktails that were delicious. Loved their cupcake area :)

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We enjoyed our meal; the choices were very good and interesting though the descriptions did not always highlight the nuances of the dishes. The staff that brought dishes from the kitchen was excellent -- our waitress was less than stellar. The wine list quickly escalates in price - even as fairly knowledgeable wine connoisseurs, we found their lower end wines to be acceptable, but still overpriced by restaurant standards.

Our favorite dishes: jamon croquettes with quail eggs, tuna ceviche with avocado, papas canerias (especially the mojo rojo), tempura squash blossoms, and the stuffed piquillo peppers.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wanted tapas during our visit to LA. The food was very good and the vibe was very cool, but not quite worth the money. Beverly Hills - what did I expect? The wines started at $100 and went up to $1200. So we had the $13 gin and tonics, which were quite fine. And even though you may not have to use the ladies room, go check it out. Awesome.