“Great stay, great service, great location”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #41 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I typically stay at a big box brand where I have a high loyalty ranking. However being in LA I wanted to stay in a smaller boutique hotel in a cool area. My friend recommended the Orlando. It was great, the room was really spacious and the bed was very comfortable. However, that's the easy part to me because you can buy that. However, what I was really impressed with was the phenomenal service that I received. Jeff at the front desk made me feel very welcome, he made restaurant recommendations and called a couple to check availability. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel at a reasonable cost in a cool neighbourhood.

Locally, I really enjoyed Sushi Roki & Little Next Door for dinner and magnolia bakery & toast for breakfast/ brunch

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bobbydacron
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear Tuxedobob,

Of course we are fans of guests that enjoy a boutique hotel experience and an opportunity to get a taste of living LA the way we know it. Thank you so much for choosing the Orlando.

I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to Jeff. I know he will be pleased he made your stay more enjoyable.

I’m so glad you had a chance to dine with some of our favorite neighborhood restaurants.

We hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Very nice stay at this hotel. My wife and I enjoyed the room, the staff was great and helpful. In addition, 3rd Street is right out the front door and is a "complete street" pedestrian friendly (shopping, bars, resturants and the Beverly Center Mall just a block or so away). A perfect spot to be in the Hollywood/Beverly scene and not pretenious. The on-site resturant has good food, reasonably diverse menu and is an active night scene for local hip foks as well.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TallyDan

Dear TallyDan,

I am so pleased you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to host you in our favorite LA neighborhood. I think your review sums it up perfectly.

Our new restaurant partner The Churchill has definitely become very popular in the LA dining and nightlife scene. I will be sure to pass along your comments to them as well.

Hopefully you will be making a return visit soon!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I absolutely love this hotel. Normally I don't stay at boutique hotels, but one of my sales reps reccommended it to me. It is a great place to stay, relax, work, and just veg out. The rooms are awesome. Last time I stayed the restaurant wasn't reopened. I can't wait for my next stay. There are great places to eat all around.

Plus the cupcake on my bed when I check in is awesome. Love it!

Room Tip: Go to higher floors
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DumnATanker

Dear DumnATanker,

Thank you very kindly for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear we provided you with a good first impression of a boutique hotel experience.

Happily, The Churchill restaurant is open now and has become quite popular. As a hotel guest you always have preferred dining reservations so be sure to let us know when you want to get in and we will make the arrangements for you.

And yes cupcakes are a very, very good thing!

Looking forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 December 2011

My wife and I have stayed at The Orlando Hotel multiple times over the last few years during visits to our son who moved to Los Angeles in 2009. So you could say that The Orlando is our “go to” hotel in LA. The hotel is a very good value, being centrally located, within easy reach of great shopping (Beverly Center and The Grove, Sunset Boulevard and the theater district. West 3rd street has some really interesting boutiques and a wide variety of restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, and providing a range of prices. The Churchill restaurant attached to the hotel has been completely renovated and serves light, tasty meals throughout the day, as well as providing room service for guests at The Orlando. It is also a very popular place on week-end evenings with the younger crowd. The only downside to this is that it can be quite noisy outside the hotel on week-ends as people wait to get in, but we did not get disturbed in our bedroom

During the time we have been staying at The Orlando, the hotel has undergone an extensive renovation, making it an ever more attractive option. So this is an update on a previous review that we did for this hotel in 2010. The rooms have fully refurbished bathrooms, and the décor is attractive and restful. They’ve even added the option of several suites, which are very nicely appointed and reasonably priced for the area. The beds are very comfortable, among the best we have experienced in our stays at many excellent hotels around the world. The wi-fi is free and the new large screen TV a bonus.

But, a hotel is not judged just by its amenities – the staff is a very important part of the experience. We have found all of the Orlando employees to be courteous and extremely helpful, often going the extra mile to meet a client’s needs. The fact that the hotel is family owned is really evident in the interactions that we have had with all the guest services staff, the housekeeping staff and the valet team of Estaban. You really get the feeling that everyone cares that you have a positive, problem-free experience.

Thanks Orlando! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Room Tip: Look for one at the back of the hotel away from West 3rd Street and the restaurant/bar entrance
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank aberdeen7375

Dear aberdeen7375,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage and the detailed review of the hotel. We are very pleased your son moved to the area so we have an opportunity to have you as our guests regularly.

I would agree whole heartedly that it is the staff that truly makes the Orlando stand out and a favorite for returning guests. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments as I know it will truly please them to hear.

Thank you! We look forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Not living in a state where there is an American Girl Doll Store, I decided to treat my daughter to a really special birthday gift this year. We headed to West Hollywood to stay at the Orlando hotel which offers the perfect Mother-Daughter getaway with their “American Girl Doll Package”.

You will find this Los Angeles boutique hotel perfectly situated in the trendy West 3rd shopping district –flanked on one side by the Beverly Center and on the other by The Grove. We stayed on the 5th floor in a Standard King with a city view. We had a large King-sized bed plus a miniature American Girl doll sized bed! The furnishings are very modern and included an armoire, open shelving that ran the half the length of the room, a small couch, and a nice sized desk. I also appreciated high-tech touches in the room including free Wi-Fi. Additionally, there was a great bedside clock with an iPad charger, a separate Bose iPod docking station and a very large flat screen TV. Also worth noting, in the lobby, guests have free use of a Mac with a printer that I used to grab my boarding passes before heading home.

You will find a small, under utilized, salt-water pool on the 2nd floor. It is only 4 feet deep. A small bench ran the length of the pool (approx. 1 foot deep). This could be good for younger children who might not be able to stand, as there was not a traditional shallow end. There are several lounge chairs and two very nice seating areas. On the morning we went swimming, we had the whole pool to ourselves.

The hotel has recently undergone multi-million dollar renovations. They enlarged the bathrooms, created two bedroom suites, and refurbished much of the hotel’s décor. Included in this major renovation project is an all-new gastropub, The Churchill.

While there are cribs available (no extra charge) this hotel might not be the best choice for families with small children. There are not many amenities that cater towards younger kids under 5. You only will find a children’s menu when ordering from room service and there are showers only, not a tub, in standard rooms. Plus the outlying area of the hotel doesn’t scream toddler friendly. The beach and Disneyland is nowhere in sight. I would suggest staying here though here if you are planning the perfect weekend getaway with your little fashionista. There isn’t a better spot that puts you smack in the middle of specialty shops, high-end fashion malls, fine dinning with the perfect place to relax at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Although your inclination may be to ask for a room on a high floor, rooms on 2nd floor at The Orland...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank MissMagpieVT

Dear MissMagpieVT,

I am delighted to read your review and know that you enjoyed your stay with your daughter at the hotel.

The American Girl Package is our favorite package because it is so heart warming to see our younger guests enjoy the experience of traveling.

Our patio rooms definitely offer more space and a unique experience. We are just now unveiling our largest suite; The Entertainers Suite that has a living room, separate bedroom, dining area and a huge patio. This will be a great option for families. We will be posting photos and offering it for booking soon.

Thank you again for such a nice review. I hope we will have the opportunity to have you back with us again in the future.

Very best regards,

West Hollywood
Le Parc Suite Hotel
Le Parc Suite Hotel
#9 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!