2,292 results
All reviews kodak theatre bagels chinese theatre great location quiet street dressing area tea and coffee universal studios free parking no elevator minute walk small kitchen continental breakfast small hotel stayed here for nights dining table the ground floor
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We could not ask for a better location which most reviews have described.

Staff were also wonderful and helped us book tours and taxis.

We got an early check in - I mean early by hours !!!!

Rooms are decent and worthy of the money one pays for. The bathroom could do with some minor work.

The only problem we had was the noise from upstairs which can disturb sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs to avoid noise if you can lift your luggage
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Older hotel , Great location , great price. Very clean. Complimentary breakfast.
Would definitely stay again. A block from Hollywood blvd, right behind Graumans Chinese theater,
Lots of bars and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We recently stayed at the Hollywood Celebrity Hotel due to reading other peoples reviews of this hotel and it lived up to its reviews. We stayed for a total of 10 nights at this hotel, 5 nights in one stay and then went back for another 5 nights after visting vegas and every night was great. We also loved that there was breakfast provided every morning, it was easy and it was yummy. The rooms were clean and well presented and the staff were AMAZINGLY helpful, providing us with maps of how to get to all the sites we wanted to see in LA and hollywood. But the main attraction for this hotel is the location, it is just around the corner from the walk of fame, it has a bus stop around the corner, the subway is a very short walk to get to and there is a supermarket and pharmacy close by that you could go and get supplies from and bring back to your room to store in the fridge provided. Overall we had a fantastic experience at HCH and would go back there again if we were to visit America again

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor are quieter but all are still good
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily G
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed 3 nights recently at the hotel. No complaints at all. Very close to all Hollywood has to offer and quiet as well. Staff were excellent! Helpful, courteous and friendly all the time.
Highly recommend a stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2012

My best friend and I checked in today (12/7/12) hoping this hotel would have the fun, vintage vibe the website described as the perfect place to stay while we celebrated our joint birthday. Instead we arrived to an old, dilapidated building with antiquated everything. Upon checking in we were greeted by a combative and rude Indian man, who I assume was the hotel manager, wanting to know why we were trying to check in at 11am instead of 3pm. I explained to him that one of his staffers gave us permission to check in early over the phone and he got a little aggressive. In addition to his massive attitude problem, he tried charging me the wrong amount for our room (we booked with a military discount and I had to argue to maintain that rate), he insisted I pay for a 3rd person staying the night (my sister visiting from local AMDA), and charged me right away for the rooms (I am pretty sure they are supposed to take your money when you check out). As you can imagine I walked away disgusted by the customer service and held on to my hope that the room would be worth it ... Boy, was I disappointed to walk into this place. The floors, walls and chairs are stained and covered in God knows what; the furniture is run down and chipped; and the walls are so thin you can hear the maid vacuuming rooms down the hall and shaking open new trash bags. If that isn't bad enough, you can hear the people directly below you talking and moving around. Oh, and don't even get me started on the noise from the traffic outside! I am so repulsed I had to get on the site immediately to stop others from making the same mistake I did! This hotel is not worth the money even if the location is close to the tourist attractions. The only thing nice I can say at this point is "thank you" to the little front desk woman for letting us check in early. Other than that, the service, cleanliness, and overall value will leave you wishing you had just booked with a motel 6.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Odetotheteapot
IjazKhanHCH, Manager at Hollywood Celebrity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

I'm Ijaz Khan, General Manager of the Hollywood Celebrity Hotel. I'm sorry if you felt I was being rude to you when you arrived at our hotel. I didn't think I came across that way, but if I did, I sincerely apologize. Regarding your complaints with the extra person charge and military rate, we did provide you the discounted military rate and we never charged you for 3-person occupancy, only 2 as your requested. Also, because you paid in cash, we do ask for payment upfront. It's just our policy for cash-paying guests, sorry if that was an inconvenience. We're also sorry that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations, we do our best to maintain our rooms and keep them as clean and neat as possible for our guests. We do thank you for staying with us and we wish you a very Happy Holiday season.