This hotel was amazing! In short; if you are looking for a great budget hotel in the heart of hollywood, go no further than this!
Please read on for a more detailed review :-)
I found it after looking at numerous reviews. Most of them were good so we took a gamble. It paid off!
As a budget hotel, this is amazing. It is really nicely decorated on the inside and our room was tastfully decked out in an old school hollywood theme. So much room!
Bed- so comfy!
It had a fridge, table, chairs in a wee kitchenette corner, a dressing room with one of those mirrors with lights round it (loved it!), a big wardrobe, iron, bath and shower. Cold and warm water were in plenty a supply (trust me, LA in August- you'll need cold showers!!!)
The breakfast was very good, especially as a traveler as we were not used to the American breakfast of Muffins or Croissants. The cereal, milk, toast and spreads were much appreciated! You collect your food then take it back up to your room.
The air con was great- better to keep the windows shut as the rooms facing the road can be a wee bit noisy.
The location? If you want to stay in hollywood you can't get better! It's right there in the middle of things, yet because it's situated one block behind the main drag, you don't get the noise, bustle, or homeless people like you do on the Boulevard.
It has free parking. The lot is small and often full, but the staff are very accommodating and will shift cars around to make yours fit (and even park it for you if your husband is too scared to attempt parking the expensive rental car in a tiny spot...)
Speaking of the staff, we found them all great. Well presented, helpful and friendly. Cleaning service was great too.
The ONLY downside of this hotel is the location. Like I said, if you WANT to be in Hollywood, this is definitely the place to be. However I found Hollywood quite different than I imagined and would not want to go see it again.
However would still stay here again using it as a base to see other parts of the city.
Thankyou so much HOLLYWOOD CELEBRITY HOTEL for a great stay- you'd get 6 stars if I could give them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Celebrity Hotel is a superior tourist class hotel located in the heart of downtown Hollywood, home of the Academy Awards and entertainment industry. We are just minutes to fine dining, shopping and entertainment. The hotel offers a boutique-look with the intimacy of a bed and breakfast inn. Hallways are beautifully decorated with posters of classic films and Hollywood icons. Guest rooms are spacious, home-style furnished, with some equipped with a full kitchen for extended stays. Our professional hotel staff follows suit with excellent service reminiscent of a time long since past. Come experience all of the glamour and class of the era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Ctrip TA, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Hollywood Celebrity Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Celebrity Los Angeles
- Hotel Hollywood Celebrity
- Celebrity Hollywood Hotel