Hollywood Celebrity Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Hollywood VIP Hotel(Los Angeles)
  • Pool
Magic Castle Hotel(Los Angeles)
  • Pool
Highland Gardens Hotel(Los Angeles)
  • Restaurant
2,216 results
All reviewskodak theatrebagelschinese theatregreat locationquiet streetdressing areauniversal studiostea and coffeefree parkingno elevatorminute walkcontinental breakfastsmall hotelsmall kitchenstayed here for nightsthe ground floorwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights on a holiday from Australia. Its in a great location with heaps of shops, restaurants, transportation and things to do really close. There were 5 of us and the room was great with lots of room. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the overall hotel was very well kept. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean G
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel...Great location, comfortable bed, free parking, free breakfast, free wifi and amazing and friendly staff. Good value for money. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This place is situated right behind the Grauman's Chinese Theather and the Wolk of Fame. Absolutely perfect situation at an residential area, with free parking. The rooms are spacious, simply furnished but there is a dining place and a corner for ladies to make theri make ups. I loved it ! We had our breakfast on the little terrace and you would not believe me, we had every morning a little small animal for company. Once we had a wonderful "Colibri" = Bird of Paradies, the next day a squirrel and then some other birds too.
Also easy to access, close the the tube. From There we visited whole LA!
We loved this place. Also the prices for period Jan-Feburary were very reasonable. I can only recommend it !

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor are more quite, but look for those not looking towards the parking because while walking in the night hotel guests are not being respectful.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joelle C
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at the Hollywood Celebrity Hotel for 8 days and found it to be absolutely wonderful. It's a small hotel, only 38 total rooms, but the ammenities were perfect for us. Comfortable room with small kitchen area and dressing area. The location of this hotel was fantastic, right behind the Kodak and Grauman Chinese theaters - just one block from Hollywood boulevard. Right next to the Hollywood Highland Center which has lots of restaurants and shopping. Also very close to the major highways - so getting around was very easy. They even have a small parking lot behind the building which is FREE (a rarity in this area). We felt completely safe walking around day and night. You will NOT find a cleaner, more comfortable hotel with the most amazingly wonderful staff at these reasonable rates in this area!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Becca02155
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed here on my own from 31 Jan - 4 Feb 2012. The staff were unfalteringly friendly and helpful - they offered me tips on where to eat where I could do my laundry, what streets in Hollywood weren't safe to wander alone, warned me against drinking the tap water, made change for me on several occasions, explained the best way to get to Santa Monica... they were wonderful!

The room was lovely and spacious - the photos on the hotel's website are accurate. It has a dining nook (fridge, microwave, little table and 2 chairs) and a decent-sized bathroom with classic black and white floor tiles. Even though Hollywood Boulevard is literally around the corner, I didn't have any trouble with noise. I noticed there were some recent reviews complaining about the cable TV not working - I can't say I had any problems with it; I must've flicked through all 500+ channels after getting in each night and they all worked just fine. The free continental breakfast is perfectly adequate for getting you up and going in the morning - it consists of toast (with basic spreads - margarine, jam, jelly, marmalade), croissants, muffins (chocolate, orange poppyseed, raisin, bran), instant oatmeal, yoghurt, coffee, tea and juice. The coffee and tea are available 24/7 and there is fresh milk (which was a big plus for me - not such a fan of non-dairy creamer). There is free wireless internet which worked perfectly for me in my time there - the connection was very fast and it really helped me to stay in touch with loved ones at home. They also provide a cable in the TV cabinet drawer if you prefer a wired connection. Showers were hot with good water pressure. Everything was immaculately clean (ran my finger along the windowsill - not a skerrick of dust) and the room was made up promptly around 10ish each morning.

I'm sure most reviews have already mentioned this, but I'll say it again - if you're keen to see the Hollywood sights, this hotel's location could not be better. It's around the corner from the Kodak Theatre/Hollywood and Highland Center, the middle of the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Madame Tussauds, and an easy walk (not more than 10-15 minutes at a leisurely pace) to the Hollywood Museum, Red Line Tours, Grauman's Chinese and Egyptian Theatres, and the Hollywood/Highland Metro station (on the red line). In my time there I also visited Universal Studios LA by riding the Metro one stop to Universal City (do this! it'll cost you $1.50 each way instead of $9 for a shuttle or more for a cab), and Warner Bros Studios, which was a $17 cab ride from the Renaissance Hotel cab rank (2 minutes from Hollywood Celebrity Hotel. There are heaps of dining options close to the hotel which was a big help to me as well (although I think they do have rooms that include a kitchenette, mine wasn't one of these). The hotel can also organise shuttles to LAX at a reasonable flat rate (do NOT take a cab!)

All this at a price tag of under $125 per night for 2 queen beds? Can't complain at all! I would definitely stay here again if and when I return to Hollywood, and will be recommending this hotel to friends and family. The friendly staff in particular were incredibly comforting to a girl travelling overseas alone for the first time. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo