All reviewskorea townkorean foodralph's supermarketbit datedkoreatownhollywood
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Location: 5-10 minutes walk from Wilshire theatre and Wilshire/Western Station; near Ralph's supermarket, near a roast chicken restaurant (Pollo something), near Korean food places.

Hotel service: very polite staff. We did not encounter any problems. My partner does not speak Korean but we are Asian, so he was spoken to in Korean once or twice in the lift. I was not with him, I speak some Korean. We do not find this a problem as the staff are bilinggual.

Hotel room: The hotel is a bit dated. However, the room is big and the bed is huge! The lighting is dim and I would have preferred brighter lights, especially when we are packing up. Sheets are clean, pillows and mattress are comfortable. No smell of weed or cigarettes.Temperature is adjustable and although we never really figured out how to adjust (sorry, we were too tired to focus when Front Desk was explaining), this was my most comfortable hotel stay between my 2 hotel stays in US this trip.

Breakfast: Never tried. We did not get the breakfast option.

Best things: Walking distance to Slurpin' Ramen (awesome ramen and sesame fried chicken), walking distance to Chosun Galbee (semi-formal Korean bbq, delicious food, suitable for families), walking distance to Ralph's, walking distance to Koreatown shops, a couple of bus stops away from coin laundromats (we walked there).

Things to take note of: The area can get quite dark and quiet at night. Walk with company! We have not encountered any trouble but some intersections may not have traffic lights so exercise discretion when crossing especially at night!

너무 좋은 경험을 받아서 감사드립니다. 세해복 많이 받으십시오!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stayed here for three nights. although the rooms are a bit dated compared to other establishments it did not detract from the friendliness of the staff. yes it is run by Koreans, but then you are in the middle of Koreatown so why would someone

be surprised by that fact.
I did not have breakfast at the hotel as having travelled the world I am aware that you may not get what is a standard North American breakfast as most of the clientele are Asian.
the location is great and in walking distance to many attractions and shopping. As an older woman travelling on my own I felt quite safe walking around and everyone seemed very friendly. They have a nice lobby and easy to spend time just people watching.
I would not hesitate to stay here again as having been to Los Angeles before and ending up in a hotel in the middle of nowhere and miles from anything this hotel suited me and my budget.

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor. For some reason ther is no fourth floor. Very quiet the doors open out into the corridor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2017

My work booked the hotel for me and at first I was very impressed. I was excited to stay in a historic landmark and it was close to where I needed to be. There was only valet parking at $9 a day, but parking in LA is nearly impossible any way. The valet staff was very friendly and helpful. I arraived about noon and was not able to check in, check in is 2pm. It was disappointing, but common practice at hotels. Registration took my luggage while I met with some people in the lobby. The lobby is beautiful, it was nice and quiet and worked well for the casual meeting. The only complaint so far was the strong smell of fish coming from the restaurant. I am allergic to fish and sensitive to the smell.

When I checked into my room, I noticed the hallway carpet was old, frayed, and warn. The doors to rooms hung crooked and did not seal properly. I entered my room and it was the typical single bed hotel room. What put me off was the old warn furniture in the room. The stains on the chairs and headboard. It didn't appear to be biological, just old and used. The bed was incredibly hard and an old spring mattress. There was no iron, extra pillows, or blankets in the room.

It was clean, just old and worn.

Later I decided to order room service and the menu was entirely in Korean, there was also no information on hotel services or local places to eat or go. There was a yellow pages but it was also in Korean. Thankfully their wifi was good and I could google it.

In the morning I went downstairs to see about breakfast. The fish smell coming from the restaurant hit me as soon as I came of the elevator and I had to leave.

I have stayed at Holliday Inns that are more comfortable.

On the plus side, I will say that the staff was very friendly, although I didn't have much interaction with them. The room was quiet even with the LA traffic.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Julette B
Reviewed 14 February 2017

The rooms are a little dated, but comfortable and spicy. Located in Koreatown, the clientele is largely Korean and the hotel no doubt caters for their needs very well. Korean breakfast is available but the non-korean options are very limited and costly. No orange juice and no pastries were on offer and even a request for a simple ham and cheese omelette was "politely refused".
The food Hall about 5 minutes down the road on the other hand was superb...

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2016

I stayed here one night for visiting in the area. The hotel is managed/operated by Koreans (it's Korean Town in that area). The place is generally clean and neat. They only have valet parking there. The location is convenient for getting around LA downtown.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends