Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 23/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 24/04/21
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 24/04/21
PricelineUSD 172
CourtyardUSD 172
Agoda.comUSD 172
All reviews trader joes courtyard by marriott typical courtyard front desk fitness room
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 December 2019

Moved to a lower floor due to repair work involving repeated pounding being done at 7am. In rushing out, I left my diamond rings on the table next to the bed in the noisy room. Realized it two hours later, was told the room was not yet cleaned and nothing was reported. Got a key to go back in. It was clean with no diamonds to be found. Took several calls and discussions with housekeeping to track down who cleaned the room and the location of my jewelry. The cleaner said she knew I changed rooms and gave it to her supervisor. The housekeeper said she was called to clean it AS SOON AS I turned in the keys two hours prior. No one had record of the jewelry and the housekeeping supervisor was in a meeting but as I paced the hallway, the housekeeper called her supervisor on her personal cell three times to tell her I was waiting, not leaving the room and what she told me. Couldn’t believe there was no effort to get the jewelry to me —- so I voiced those concerns after finally collecting them and seeing the description was that it was a silver ring(singular) after being asked to sign for it. See photo. They comped the room but a formal apology took DAYS of complaining—-hotel mgmt suggested comping the room was a substitute for acknowledging what went wrong. The GM only learned about it because I complained to corporate and produced documentation. The GM said all lost and found items are treated the same and there’s never been an issue so he didn’t take issue with the handing of expensive jewelry. The description (IMO) places a $50 -200 value on two rings worth considerably more.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank PeeJayonthego
Jon R, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2019

Dear PeeJayonthego,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us from back in September. As we stated when we talked with you soon after you departed, the description on the jewelry was "silver rings", which was not an attempt to deceive you or devalue the rings, but was rather due to a language barrier with our housekeeper who found the rings. The reason that we did not have a record of the rings in our system was that the housekeeping supervisor, as you pointed out, was in a meeting and did not have a chance yet to log these into our Lost and Found system. Again, an honest error, and not anyone from the team trying to take the rings.

I apologize that these mistakes lead you to believe that the hotel was trying to deceive you, which I can assure is not, and will never be, our modus operandi. Our team at the hotel is hard working and honest, and would never take or try to take something that does not belong to them. I stand by my team 100%, and we strive to live up to the integrity that we know we stand for.

We wish you the best and hope you have a wonderful Holiday season.

Jon Rushing

Reviewed 19 November 2019 via mobile

While there is plenty to eat within walking distance (Trader Joe’s next doors and tons of restaurants within a few blocks) I was surprised at the lack of food in the hotel. There is a small outdoor pool and fitness room with 4 machines (2 treadmills). Overall the public spaces seemed dark and old. The staff was great but I don’t think I’d go back unless I had business in the immediate vicinity.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank DJMXX
Jon R, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2019

Dear DJMXX,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm glad that the staff was great during your stay, and that you enjoyed how close the hotel was in proximity to restaurants and shops. I apologize that our food options were not as plentiful as some other brands of hotels. As a Courtyard Marriott, we offer the Bistro 2.0 concept, which is geared towards those staying with us on business who want a quick breakfast or dinner without any hassle. This is a concept across all Courtyard in North America so that the product is the same at each Courtyard.

We hope to see you again soon when your travels take you to Woodland Hills!

Jon Rushing

Reviewed 30 October 2019

My mother, who's in a wheelchair and had to evacuate from her home nearby due to high winds, fires, etc came to this hotel and although they said she had a wheelchair accessible room, the beds were way too high for her to be lifted onto the bed to get her leg braces off and into bed, she's 5 feet and can not walk even on her braces but one or two feet out of her wheelchair. What's more, the bathroom is not ADA, has no pull bars on the wall to lift off and onto the toilet.
This is a clear ADA code violation. She is with a health care worker but she can not help her into or off of the bed, on or off the toilet.
All the hotels surrounding are filling up from other evacuees.
Why have beds that are so high that even able bodied people find it hard to get up into, let alone a person in a wheelchair?
Why no grab bars on the walls surrounding the toilet in an ADA room?

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kathryn L
Jon R, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I apologize that your mother had difficulty getting around the room during her stay with us. If possible, please reach out to us at the hotel directly so that we can investigate which room this is.

We strive to adhere to all ADA laws, and will work hard to remedy this issue if changes to the room are needed.

Jon R.

Reviewed 8 October 2019

Clean inside and out. Rooms are standard nothing fancy. Area offers several stores and places to eat. Trader joes right next door. The fire alarm was set off by someone burning their popcorn at 1:30am, front desk should have answered calls quicker or made some sort of announcement that there was no fire concern.

2  Thank 5strz
Hossein M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Thank you for sharing your honest Feedback. I am sorry that you had to experience the inconvenience of the Fire Alarm going off while sleeping. I can only promise you that we are working on new measures to prevent issues like this from happening in the future. Please note that your review has been shared with the Frond desk staff as a teachable moment to handle situations like this better.

Once again, thank you for staying at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills.

Reviewed 3 October 2019

I live at the area but I was in the middle of a move and stayed with my kids over the weekend at courtyard by Marriott woodland Hills, and I really enjoyed that. The most important thing was the customer service that the front desk team and bistro associates had.At the time of check in Patricia at front desk was so helpful and accommodative,i need something at the toom late at night,Vivian at front desk brought it personally to the room so polite and professional.
The bistro staff also sere so helpful Zaki and Alex both were so helpful and go above and beyond to make their guest happy.
One other cute thing was they had a toy in the crib for my baby ,as well as special blanket for little kids.Thanks to the Front office manager Mr.Hossain and his professional team.
Highly recommended hotel and will definitely come back .

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Smanavi
Hossein M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2019

Dear Saghi,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at the Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills.

It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback about our staff and Hotel, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! By taking pride in putting people first, we are not only executing the mission of our founders, but exceeding the expectations of our valued guests.

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Woodland Hills.