Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks
USD 335*
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
USD 381*
USD 417*
USD 393*
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewscheesecake factorycourtyard by marriottthe san fernando valleyparking attendantwould stay here againnice hotelfourth floorpool deckwhole foodsroom serviceconvenient locationself parkingwould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffeasy accessla areabusiness traveler
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Hotel is where the 405 and 101 highways meet. Great locations, everything is within walking distance. Hotel has indoor parking garage connected to hotel which was very convienent but very expensive. Rooms are clean, decent size with a refrigerator. Would stay here again, but the room and parking prices are very expensive. There aren't many choices for hotels if you want to stay in this area.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Fluffybunny6702
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Small, claustrophobic size, room. I felt I was in Sweden.
Noisy, not only the noise from the street but also the noise from the water pipes. I was walk up from a sound sleep by somebody else taking a shower at 1 am.
I called the front desk upset. The receptionist was very nice and tried very hard to keep me in the hotel, as I was set on leaving. She move me to a suite for the rest of the night.
I will not stay there anymore. I am a Merriott elite member, if the staff cannot do the right thing at check in, it is too late to fix a wrong doing like this after midnight.
But, if you decide to stay here, make sure to ask for a "normal" size room and ear plugs.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Alex O
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed here for 8 nights for a business trip, and this was perfect for an extended stay. It was located 2 miles from my place of business so it was great to be so close. On my last trip to Sherman Oaks, this hotel had not yet opened, so I was obliged to stay in Universal City - the long commutes on I-405 made me feel as though I was back in NYC, ugh.

This hotel is immaculate and service is excellent; very helpful and courteous staff who go that extra mile.

The full-service restaurant was very good; the menu had the standard hotel fare but included some original dishes that were very tasty.

My room had a small sitting area and a large desk area; free wi-fi was included. Nice large screen HDTV.

This property is convenient to I-405 and 101 freeways; two blocks away is the Sherman Oaks Galleria with shops, food courts, movie theatres and the ubiquitous Cheesecake Factory :)

I definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here on my next trip out west.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank GoddessDivine
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I thought the hotel was nice property - clean with a helpful front desk. Sure there was some traffic noise, but it hardly bothered me with the windows shut. It was perfect for my particular needs as I was visiting family for the Holidays and wanted some privacy. The hotel was in a perfect location for that. I also found it convenient for touring (assuming you have a car). We went to Universal, Hollywood Blvd. area, Santa Monica, Venice Beach. Since it is right off the highway, it was no problem getting anywhere (assuming you avoid rush hour(s)).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank themishmans
Reviewed 9 January 2012

First of all, I will admit that the traffic noise at this hotel is ridiculously bad. However, if one looks at a map, one will find that there are almost no hotels in this price range that are not located where they are subject to traffic noise.

I stayed in the Hampton Inn on Sepulveda in Sherman Oaks in August and thought that noise was coming from Sepulveda. No! It's the 405. And on the other side of town, it could be any one of a number of different freeways.

There is simply no escaping it.

We were on the south side of the building 9 stories up and the noise, though constant, would peak in the early morning hours between 5:30 am and 7:30 am. The big trucks on the highway there make a ton of noise.

But, since every other hotel in this price range has the same problem, it kind of cancels it out for me.

The room did not smell bad. Housecleaning was thorough. Anything we needed, like toilet paper or shampoo was provided almost instantaneously.

The lobby is large and nicely decorated. There is a bar area that was very convenient too. The staff at the front desk was always very helpful.

When we checked in, there was a slight problem with the room. It was corrected and we were in a different room in less than two minutes.

The elevators are FAST. This is especially helpful in getting in and out. We parked and while parking is expensive, again, its expensive everywhere. The parking garage was very convenient.

I used the pool and spa and enjoyed it quite a bit. While the noise is always there and you can see the freeway, you can also see some mountains.

The pool is heated just enough to make swimming possible in winter. (We were here in January.) The spa was clean and had strong jets.

The beds were very comfortable and we had ample pillows. The TV was nice too.

We stayed for 5 nights and will stay there again when we go to visit.

While the location next to the freeway is not ideal because of the noise, it does make it very convenient to get wherever you want to go--as long as you don't want to go there during rush hour!

I would also encourage the hotel to do something about the thermostat. It was frustrating that the unit could not simply be turned off. I didn't like it cycling on and off during the night.

Room Tip: There seem to be several rooms that may benefit from being blocked by the parking garage on the north side of the hotel. One wouldn't have a view, but then, maybe not the noise from the 405 either. Being on the 9th floor did not help with noise. I think being on the south side is a little better, but as the hotel is perpendicular to the 405, nothing is going to help. It's just loud. It's traffic. You're in LA!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple